Shields and immortality Nerfed but Boosted Bastian is still OP?

Which has nothing to do with arguing that his damage is lacking. He has issues, but potential damage output isn’t one of them.

Potential damage output is no reason to keep a hero gutted.

Widowmaker for instance, can potentially deal a MASSIVE amount of damage every few seconds, if you somehow landed every last shot.

I knew I shouldn’t have used that word, as you’d latch onto it and ignore the actual point.

He leads every single rank in damage done, basically since release of the game, usually by multiple thousands.

Again, his damage isn’t his issue. Complaining about it, and calling it a tickle cannon, detracts from your justified points and makes you look like ‘just another biased X main.”

2 Likes

what he says is true
it takes so much less skill to run a bastion comp than to counter it

to an unprepared team, a bastion out of nowhere can roll them
it takes a reliable team to be able to counter a bastion, and in solo queue bronze, i guarantee you wont find one

to set up a bastion comp, put shield, put bastion, m1
to counter you have to consider shield break, where he’s positioned, how to kill him

that knowledge is more than what bronze have
and no, there shouldnt just be a hero who can stomp teams left and right just because he has the highest dps in the game

you cant buff him to be viable in high ranks, or else youd ruin so many bronze games, and, not to mention, boost low rank players who are bronze, silver, whatever into higher ranks by onetricking bastion
you seriously cant nerf his existing 0.01/0.00 pickrate and 0% winrate in gm

this would be like buffing widow because it’s hard for lower ranks to hit shots, so they make her viable for bronze

this would completely ruin the higher ranks in the game and cause much more issues

you cant just balance based off of the highest tiers and not consider what would happen in other ranks

what bastion needs is a complete rework so that he can work in gm and so that he isnt just a noob stomper in bronze

put a mccree or a soldier against a turret form bastion
say you turn a corner and try to fight him
youre going to lose that fight to him

2 Likes

In all honestly?

No.
If you round a corner, and suddenly there’s a Bastion in Sentry mode, a Soldier or a Mccree who knows what they’re doing and have played the game more than a few times will get rid of the Bastion in mere moments.

“Bang!”, ok now myself…

“Bang!”

1 Like

KITCHEN GUN.

You’re missing my point they’ll auto pick Bastion because he’s OP in lower elos.

They don’t need to learn other hero’s if both sides are running bunker.

It’s what the devs said in that post remember

They used an example of Reaper maybe strong in low ranks, but garbage at high ranks.

I guess Bastion could be suffering the same fate, maybe it’s why they won’t mess with him.

This would be true

If he were strong in low ranks by himself.
He isn’t.

1 Like

Logically wouldn’t it make sense to balance the game around the people who put put their whole life into the game and take time to practice and master all the skills in the game? The people who dedicate to learning and improving should be the ones rewarded with good balancing.

It’s more logical than balancing on people who don’t even try to counter the worst hero in the game.

I’m sure they would have put the shields into consideration too.

Not saying Bastion doesn’t need buffs, but I can understand the frustration that it may cause to be against one at very low ranks.

1 Like

That is probably the worst argument that I’ve heard considering that majority of the players are low plat and below.

Financially speaking, it would make sense to balance your hero’s with ALL players in mind. And like I said previously, he isn’t played much above silver so I don’t see why a nerf would even make a difference? Nerfing a character that requires no skill and forcing players to actually learn how to play the game shouldn’t seem like an unreasonable request? If it doesn’t affect your gameplay, I’m wondering why you are so against it?

Because we shouldn’t be balancing the game around people who don’t wanna try to learn how to counter the worst hero in the game.

If that were the case, why the shield, immortality and fortify nerfs? Just learn how to counter it!

Because something can be overtuned and need adjusting.

OP, I see you have a lot of hours in Moira.

If you’re struggling against bastion, you’re best to change to a different healer such as Mercy. Your team will be taking a lot of damage at your SR and unless you’re able to recharge you’re going to be running out of healing fast.

1 Like

If only there were heroes who counter bastion… Heroes who could turn his damage back on him or sneak around and disable his turret mode or even kill him quickly.

1 Like

Because those were problematic for pros, who know every single counter and mechanic in the game. If they cannot find a counter to them, then there is no counter. Meanwhile barely anyone plays Bastion up there. That means he has almost the most counters out of every hero.

1 Like

I’ve always found this argument really amusing, a successful company doesn’t obtain that success by only catering to 1% of the playerbase. Bastion is a legitimate problem for the game as a whole, because he griefs the 99% while contributing nothing to the 1% where he isn’t even played. If you deleted him, the Top 500 wouldn’t even notice. So your argument is basically invalid, because he does nothing to promote the skill cap anyway.