Shield Breaks = Shattered

One that seems to come up repeatedly is versus Dva bomb. I’ll have a full health shield, have plenty of time to line up the center of the shield with the center of the explosion, not be under any other fire, and half the time I die, half the time I don’t. Ping stays a consistent 50, so it doesn’t look like lag spikes are causing discrepancies.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, but I suspect the answer is “you misjudged something, so get better”. Lol

I can confirm something went wrong in your testing then? Shatter 100% goes through rein’s shield if it breaks it, only thing I don’t is if, if you have EXACTLY 50 hp on rein shield and it blocks shatter exactly while breaking does it block or not block shatter.

Did you do the test with rein shield at or below 50 hp on shield?

ok um… Just discovered a rein bug, if rein has EXACTLY 50 hp on shield, shatter doesn’t zero damage to it.

no no… where that is possible lol, was it in the air, was it on the ground, was your shield up the whole time?

I’m confused lol. I think it was at like 47 or something, but it is possible it was at exactly 50.

All I know is it did break the shield, and Rein didn’t get stunned or take damage, I didnt test it with anybody else behind the shield or anything but it’d be interesting to test that out.

I think doom ult gies through too if its low HP

I thought about testing this, but I didnt think to bc I’m pretty sure they dont from experience, like I was confident enough not to, esp since I confirmed Ball’s doesnt as well, which I also assumed.

I’m still kinda confused as to why Brig is the only one who’s shiled breaks, if this is new, and why it isn’t the same way with other heroes, is there a bug or sum, etc. Idek

it’s because it’s channeled, and it travels down the ground, so the wave breaks the shield and continues to do damage past it

1 Like

But why is it not the same with Rein, others have said it is but i tested it and its not, maybe a bug that it’s not?

And, yeah my argument is that if it is, I feel like it should still block. Just as if it wasn’t low, how it would cancel the wave behind the shield, I feel like the shield should absorb it and cancel the wave behind it.

It might have something to do with shield health. Maybe because it’s channelled the extra health of the rein shield dissipates it by the time it shatters the shield. You’re right it would be nice if the instant of blocking blocked it all. Same for DVA dm vs cree ult, it’s channelled so if you eat it and run out of DM, it won’t eat every bullet.

Help me out here. This made me so upset, hahaha
https://streamable.com/46bmv0

Ground, shield up whole time. Dva trying to reset after being demeched.

You still get shattered as shatters hit ox moves in a wave

This.

Earthshatter has a travel time.
If the Barrier breaks before the next “piece of ground” is affected, then it keeps traveling.
The same applies not only for the Earthshatter damage itself, but also if the Barrier breaks due to another damage source at exactly the right moment.

There are 2 possibilities:

Input lag, or the Barrier went up after the tip of the hook already passed through the place where the Barrier went up.

1 Like

the hooks gets you before your shield is fully up, literally triggering LOL.

Hmm, idk then. It is possible that the angle was off or it did bug out somehow. I have a clip of a d.va bomb killing me thru a wall lmfao.

But again, why is this not the same for Rein? People told me it was but when I tested it I found that that was not the case. In my test, Rein’s shield died but he did not take damage or get stunned.

I feel like it should be consistent with all shields.

Also, I was pointing out, if a shield breaks I feel like it should still block and absorb the damage and stun. Just as if you block it with the hp, everyone directly behind you also gets blocked, I feel like the shield should yoink up that damage and still cancel the wave.

And again, WHY ISNT IT THE SAME FOR REIN?? Was my test just bad and that was an isolated event where it messed up that particular time? Is it a current bug where Rein doesn’t get shattered from it? Is it only for Brig? If it is only for Brig I feel like thats stupid bc it should be consistent and it should reward the few Brig’s who have learned to react/predict shatter… esp if it’s that way with other shields. Idk, seems hella silly.

Also I’m 99% sure the hook just got her before the shield was fully up, happens to me sometimes. I don’t think it was lag bc the shield from his perspective is also up. Maybe if both if their png was perfect it would’ve blocked, but thats impossible so the game made a choice lol. On server side the hook hit first :frowning:

2 Likes