"She could have saved Mondatta. But she didn't."

i love your answer :wink:

Good points. And the security could more reasonably be expected to try to shield Mondatta with their own bodies, if it came to that (which, as you said, it wouldn’t have if they did a better job).

As for Iggy being suspicious of Tracer, I’d understand that position better. “He died right after Tracer talked to him. Maybe Tracer was in radio contact with Widowmaker. Maybe Tracer only pretended to be trying to stop her.” At least before you really think about it, it doesn’t seem impossible.

If I were to respond to Iggy saying that, though, I’d come back with “Wouldn’t it make more sense if they never fought at all? I mean, Tracer could have acted like she didn’t notice anything wrong and just stayed in the crowd listening to the speech–it’s not like that would’ve been suspicious, since nobody else noticed anything wrong until it was too late! Not to mention that Mondatta would have been an even easier target if he were standing still instead of being hustled toward his car, so if Tracer wanted him dead then there’s no reason whatsoever why she would have sounded the alarm with his security detail.”

But again, an emotionally devastated person who hadn’t heard those counterpoints yet? I can totally believe them not thinking of any of it on their own and just assuming the worst about all the humans involved.

1 Like

If I were to justify Tracer working with Widow by fighting each other it would be simple: Tracer’s job was to create chaos in the security team(she did invade their communication system), which would allow Widow to get a window(pun intended) of opportunity to take the shot. Tracer also got access to the building before the event, so she had the chance to analyze the escape route the security team would use(she fought there during the uprising). Basically, she acted as a tracer bullet. After Mondatta’s death, she fled from the scene.

Also, another reason for the theatrics of a fight would be the message they want to pass: that some humans are trying to eliminate any chance of peace between omnics and humans, while others try and fail to help the cause, so any chance of conciliation is futile.

2 Likes

There’s a big difference between being shot as an omnic and being shot as a being made out of flesh and blood. Tracer would have most likely died especially since her chronal accelerator would be damaged and she couldn’t recall. If a omnic got shot, they are made out of metal and parts. They can just get repaired and they’re back to normal.

1 Like

Though mondotta wouldn’t have his memory from being shot.

I don’t know how omnics work and where their memory is stored. If it’s in their head, then Mondatta is gone. But if he got shot anywhere else, he would have been fine I think.

edit: He actually gets shot in the chest and not the head. So I have no idea how it works anymore.

1 Like

There’s no indication that omnics can be restored from backups or have their data uploaded somewhere. So far, omnics who are killed have stayed dead.

Then how Mondatta voice is playin as anoucer in ow2 push mode ?
Its must have mess with him in the lore expet.

Could just be an announcer pack, he doesn’t have to be alive for that.

2 Likes

Acsully imo its have a big impact. Since Athna is the a.i and monadatta mabye will be a.i its mean like a guide. Athna also guide u trough the first steps into the game. I think ow could save his data . other wise i cant see his past too importnt for the futre.