Share your words of wisdom

You can think you’re trying when you’re not trying.

Being aware of that is one of the most important things to learn in competitive gaming. Being able to admit that anger can get the better of you is the first step to stopping it get the better of you. Competitive games are a psychological sport.

Either that, or; don’t relegate the entire game to the back of your mind. Things like tracking cooldowns, general positioning and reactions are great back-of-the-mind stuff, but the game also requires active-thought. After each session, if you can’t remember each teamfight you had, you either over-played or didn’t consider your options.

Never hold an ult waiting to make a 6k when you can win a team fight instead.

Also, when your main tank advances in a controlled but aggressive manner, support them! Don’t stand at the choke and poke, he’s trying to get you to a better position.

Pay attention at how you treat your elbow and wrist: you don’t want to have to stop playing because of them.

BONUS:
Don’t trust friendly Genjis in skirmish: they’ll stab you in the back at the first occasion and tbag you for good.

Sometimes, you just need a little less gun

-Sun Tzu, probably

“When the mob and the press and the whole world tells you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — “No, you move.””

Seriously though — consider what your team might need or what might work in the current match, but above all else, play to your strengths. If you’re confident that you can make something work, then you do it

(But y’know don’t be a jerk about it)

If you play Rein, what’s most important to understand is that you control your team’s positioning.”

-El Boost Daddy

Best advice I ever received right before transitioning to maining him. I try to always remember people are behind me and basically counting on me to not be somewhere stupid, or else they’ll be somewhere stupid and we’ll likely lose.

Take breaks. Switch up your hero choices and game modes, or go play something else entirely. Grinding leads to burnout. Burnout leads to tilt. Tilt leads to toxicity. And toxicity leads to The Dark Side™.

get off the forums. they are a waste of time