Shanghai Dragons vs. San Francisco Shock - Stage 3 Finals - FINAL

VS.

#8 Shanghai Dragons

#4 San Francisco Shock
5-2 +5

5-2 +15
12-9 +1

16-5 +48

The results of this match does not affect overall standings.

Final Score

Victory!

WATCH LIVE: TwitchOverwatch LeagueESPN3

Stage Semifinals and Finals Match Rules

• Each Overwatch League Stage 3 Semifinal and Final Playoff match continue to play until a team wins 4 maps. If there is a draw, neither team will be awarded with a map win.
  • In the Stage 3 Playoffs, teams choose the maps to play from the Stage 3 Map Pool (see Stage 3 summary).
  • For the starting map, the team with the higher seed will select the starting map for the scheduled map type. The lower seed will select to whether attack or defend.
  • For the every map in succession, the team that lost the previous round select the next map for the scheduled map type. The winning team will select to whether attack or defend. In the event of a draw, the selections goes to the most recent previous round that did not end in a draw.
  • Overwatch League matches plays with the following game mode options:
    • Competitive Play Ruleset
    • Killcam is off
    • Default skins are used in the Player POV

Summary of Changes in Stage 3

Click here for overall 2019 Overwatch League Changes
  • The Atlanta Reign, Paris Eternal, Toronto Defiant, and Washington Justice will join the Atlantic Division.
  • The Chengdu Hunters, Guangzhou Charge, Hangzhou Spark, and Vancouver Titans will join the Pacific Division.
  • All teams will play a 28-match schedule this season, down from 40 from the 2018 season.
  • The All-Star Game and other skills competitions will be held between Stages 2 and 3.
  • Stage Finals will be held after Stages 1, 2, and 3. Eight teams will qualify, including the two division leaders in that stage, along with the next six teams in the stage standings regardless of division.
  • For the postseason, the two division winners along with the next best four teams by record, regardless of division, will automatically qualify. Two additional teams will qualify through a play-in tournament between the seventh- through 12th-place teams. Those final eight teams will compete for the league championship in a double-elimination bracket.
  • The prize pool for the 2019 season is $5 million, up from $3.5 million in 2018.
  • Stage Playoffs Prize Pool (for each of Stage 1, 2, and 3):
    •Winner gets $200K
    •Runner-up gets $100K
    •3rd and 4th place teams get $50K each
    •5th through 8th place teams get $25K each
  • Season Playoffs Prize Pool:
    •Champion gets $1.1M
    •Runner-up gets $600K
    •3rd place team gets $450K
    •4th place team gets $350K
    •5th and 6th place teams get $300K each
    •7th and 8th place teams get $200K each
  • The map pool for each stage has been expanded to 12 maps.
  • For more details see the official 2019 Competition Rules here.

Click here for Discussion Thread Rules
  • This thread is intended for the discussion of this specific Overwatch League match.
  • Please be respectful to one another and follow the Forum Code-of-Conduct and the Overwatch Forum Posting Guidelines.
  • Incentivizing boycotts or invoking discussion that outright expresses hate or disinterest toward Overwatch or the Overwatch League directly in these match discussion threads of any kind will be considered trolling and flagged appropriately.
  • If you are Trust Level 3 user, you are welcome and encouraged to post your animated gifs and images in replies to support your team or be expressive, but please keep any such imagery appropriate.
  • Any user may share Twitch Clips as you clip them of the match in progress to share with everyone.
  • I, WyomingMyst, am a Forum MVP. This means I spend a great deal of time helping players with Overwatch (which is why my text is green in color). This thread is not related to my role as a Forum MVP and I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment.

Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the match!

2 Likes

Will Shanghai pull off their third upset victory? Will the Shock continue to rock the meta with their Baptiste comp? Will we see news about 2-2-2 coming to Stage 4 later tonight? Find out… NOW!

Their bap player is sick. He is a dangerous support.

Shock’s 3/3 with Bap instead of Brig is actually really fun to watch.

I’m too busy games designing myself to watch

So far today we’ve had:

• The first Wimbledon Final to go to a 5th Set tiebreaker
  • The Cricket World Cup Final going to a Superover, and then coming down to the final ball

Good things come in 3s. Shanghai, San Francisco, you’re up

the WoW community as a whole is rooting for Shanghai here yes? not just cause of the the whole cinderella 0-40 -> stage champs thing…but also cause DPS vs Tanks/Supports?

1 Like

followup…wth?!? i came into the week with 600 something tokens…logged in just now and i have 900+…incoming shanghai dragons skins spree if they win!

was in game for a bit so i bought the shanghai ana skin and also changed my player icon to the shanghai dragons logo. im all for the dragons today! #BreakThrough

2 Likes

It does feel kinda surreal how quickly it’s gone from everyone wanting Shanghai to just get 1 win, to wanting them to win an entire stage. Even with all the roster changes

2 Likes

Really hoping Dragons can pull off the win.

From worst to first…hopefully.

Oh… Julie is mad about something… there must be a bad sign in the crowds.

Is it the “1v1 me Bren” sign?

1 Like

No idea, will wait for the VOD of the preshow to go live and I will try to find out.

Eh, I had faith they had a chance against New York, I had faith that it was possible they might beat Vancouver… This time around, I just feel Shock will have an answer, the team is clearly very adaptable.

Either way, I am pulling for the Dragons.

Ah cmon, why did they have to show both the Fusions and Kruise replays :cry:

Watch a season of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.

Somebody needs to clip Sideshow’s WutFace and make that a new emote.

I’m predicting the longest match in pro Overwatch history, tonight it goes to 9 (NINE) maps