The server I’m connecting to keeps crashing while I’m in comp and I keep losing SR to it. Are the servers shaky right now or what?
I have this issue myself. We shouldn’t be punished for a disconnection issue.
There have been no major outages today for Overwatch, which means in most cases you either have a end-user disconnection or more likely a break in the connection between you and the game server. A WinMTR helps find out where your specific connection problems are happening:
- Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
- Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
- Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
- Run the WinMTR.exe
- Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 184.108.40.206:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 220.127.116.11
- Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
- Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
- Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~
If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:
- US West - 18.104.22.168
- US Central - 22.214.171.124
- Brazil - 126.96.36.199
- Europe - 188.8.131.52
- Europe - 184.108.40.206
- Korea - 220.127.116.11
- Taiwan - 18.104.22.168
Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here: