Seperate SR is quite the joke

Not everyone played the ptr lmfao

5 Likes

PTR isn’t available on console, but ok…

1 Like

Let me offer you a little bit of insight, I work as a game tester on a different game and usually when you test things you do things like this:

Internal testing - The dev who worked on the feature tests it for functionality

QA Testing - QA takes a look and executes test cases in order to find bugs

Internal Playtesting - The feature is nearly complete and can now handle a bigger set of eyes on it

PTR - A small sample size of your community (Ours is called Retail Bypass)

Beta - An even wider pool of people for the devs to gauge whether or not the trends from the previous sample sizes hold up and preparation for live servers

Live Servers - When a feature is good enough to launch and get the biggest amount of eyes on it

I hope this helped you understand a little bit of how a Beta works and what it is for.

5 Likes

Thanks for the insight really apprecciate it. I just assumed that because on PTR you would get Instaqueues all the time opposed to waiting 6-7 minutes on live. I just concluded that most people played PTR then so they tested it there.

No problem, before I got into the industry I didn’t know a lot of this stuff either, and most players don’t really care to learn what goes on in the backend, trust me they are allocating tons of data from this Beta especially since it seems unranked players are trying for the first time too so they have a lot of variables to work with.

I understand this can be frustrating but it takes time to get these things in working order.

3 Likes

In every possible way a hard reset of MMR would be worse than anything some people are having trouble with now.

Jeff Kaplan says they tested resets. They will not do a reset.

The point of the beta season is to test the placements and MMR calculations. Season 18 will be better. Probably not perfect, but it will be better.

2 Likes

The PTR was for detection of serious critical flaws in the system. The population of PTR and MMR data present on PTR was completely insufficient for testing the placements calculations and other things that are being tested in the Beta Season.

Jeff cautions people against judging role queue on the PTR based on matchmaking because of these reasons in this video:

1 Like

they testet hard reset? how? when ? how did they test it and how many. this dont sound right at all

Watch the video. Jeff talks about it. Here’s the blurb summary:

There will be no reset. Blizzard recently did an MMR reset for their internal test server, and it went about as badly as expected (00:15:40).

1 Like

thanks im gonna watch it. i had no idea about it

That would be an internal test, in interviews Jeff has talked about a “Blizzard Playtest” where they will take features to Blizzard as a whole and test them there. Other cut features tested this way include:

Hero Customization - Unlocking and changing hero abilities
Hero Levels - Heroes would have 20 levels and you would get cosmetics and items based on your level

There are probably many other features we don’t know about.

1 Like

yeah im watching it atm :slight_smile:

Just a heads up the stuff I mentioned were from a 2016 Dev update where they talk about their game design philosophy.

then why aren’t I laughing?

You really don’t give the system much time to adjust the players.
Lets see in a year i believe things could change.

The thing is they can try to better place the players but that doesn’t make up for the fundamental flaw of this system. That being that you can basically smurf on a different class. A GM Dps player on Roadhog in Diamond is still a GM player with game knowledge strategies hero knowledge who can shotcall etc. and is mechanically better than most people at that Elo.

Agree.

I’m a bit shocked my tank got placed that high. :sweat_smile:

There is no need to complain this just shows perfectly why comp was so unbalanced for years.
Just imagine XQC placing 4.1k as dps lol, this Systems needs and Blizzard knows that now.

2 Likes

It will settle- eventually people will be where they belong. I placed 800 SR lower on my DPS than my support, which is just grand. I don’t want to get rolled if I decided I want to DPS a little.

Maybe there just need to be more placement matches. Everybody hates them, but 10 wasn’t enough. 5 certainly isn’t.

If people are just placing for comp points then let them really earn those rewards:) Then post about how they are uninstalling the game.

1 Like