Seoul Dynasty vs. Shanghai Dragons - OWL Grand Finals - FINAL

Tobi actually managing to defend himself against ball on mercy. :smiley:

disappointing loss tbh, they should have won that, ah well at least its close, on the plus side its kings row time

Has there been a match yet where widow hasn’t been used in these finals?

1 Like

I’m afraid all the matches have contained Widow, and in some cases double sniper.

Believe me, I’m annoyed just as much as you are.

1 Like

think the very first one between sf and seoul didnt…i remember a lot of tracer…not so much widow…

but it is the hog patch no?

Flankhog strikes for the third time.

Ladder soon gonna be filled with flankhogs.

Leejaegon must’ve been like “omg wtf what is he doing here” while he went for the ress.

1 Like

i remember in the past when widow was used a lot 90% of the time we would be seeing through her perspective which sucked, lucky they dont do that as much so i dont mind seeing so much widowmaker

1 Like

i very much doubt it, live hog cant do the same things this hog can do, that said seeing so much hog and hog going well will help his pickrate

I also remember season 1 where best widow won.

No doubt best widow will win this season as well. =)

Though profit is making it more difficult for best widow to win very handily.

1 Like

what on earth was that last point? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

honestly i agree that is an issue, dont want any one character being too influential but it can be like that with other characters at least in the overwatch league sometimes

Every sniper is problematic in this game lol. Even pseudosniper like ashe.

2 Likes

that defense was amazing

honestly i can agree with that, they are fun to watch in overwatch league tbh(i remember the old days of seeing Taimou on Mccree, not that mccree is a sniper but good aim is fun to watch usually) i do wish there was more variety though

EDIT: that was poor wording by the commentator :stuck_out_tongue:

really happy its even

It’s not for variety’s sake, it just tells very directly about the oppressiveness of widowmaker and how she’s easily the best dps that they’ve let run wild since Overwatch inception.

Aka if you wanna git gud, you need to git gud with widowmaker. If your widow is good enough, you will literally control the whole map and what your enemy team is allowed to play in order to not get instantly shut down and what your teammates should play.

That kind of character is very bad for balance.

She’s just as unfun to play against on ladder and casual play as well.

1 Like

It’s halftime, and man the match is turning out to be a good one.

All tied up heading into the break.

Control Score: Shanghai Dragons 2, Seoul Dynasty 1.

Hybrid Score: Seoul Dynasty 4, Shanghai Dragons 3.

MATCH SCORE: Seoul Dynasty 1, Shanghai Dragons 1.

NEXT UP: Assault. Shanghai picks the map, while Seoul will select whether to attack or defend first.

i would say a lot of the maps are the issue though, maps are designed to help widowmaker and sadly new maps are not changing that but i do agree with you

Are any heroes banned or something ?

one of the things im looking forward to the most about OW2…how push mode and its maps are played

1 Like

no heroes are banned