Selling DLC as a separate game is disgusting

Over-reaction much? :joy:

They’ve barely showed us anything and your calling it a cash grab. Also as others have said Expansions for any Live service is pretty much the same thing and it will be pretty much like a new game as the engine will be upgraded and the entire rosters of characters will look different.

2 Likes

True, which is kinda baffling why so many people seem to be shocked that Blizz is doing this… It’s nothing new to the industry or for Blizz. But you’re right, it’s entitled moaning.

In order to make a PvE that’s an actual story mode they needed to run it on a whole new engine I thought? Am I wrong, because I’m sure I read that somewhere.

It’s same engine, but modified for PvE stuff

1 Like

Overwatch was $40 on release.

1 Like

from what i saw the “story mode” doesn’t really affect it. it’s basically like any other archive event. i will say that the supposed “new engine” isn’t for the “story mode” aspect of it, but rather the “a.i.” part of the bot enemies. like it’s basically the same engine but the game has more codes for the bots. i mean all we got for archive events + junkenstein + vs bot matches are 99% mindless bots that just run straight to the point. hopefully the bots in pve in ovw2 are “smarter”, which im expecting since ya know, they are marketing it as pve

1 Like

Then, I can only imagine you’re a literal infant who has just been born. Capcom on disk DLC. EA as a whole. Arcade machines and their truncated difficulty to sip quarters out of kid. It ain’t our fault or Blizzard that you’re ignorant, you know?

1 Like

Oh, well I don’t think the current Overwatch could support what they were trying to achieve with PvE. That’s probably why it’s the only thing that isn’t available to OW1.

And there is three new maps(Toronto, Monte Carlo, Gothenburg), a new game mode, Echo and Sojurn to be the next confirmed heroes as well as a handful of other ones we don’t know about. And it’s all free to OW1 players, so I really don’t see why people are complaining.

If they wanted to make a sequel that much, they could have at least do it on a new engine.

I was watching gameplay of the new mode and there was nothing indicating that it is a new game. If I wasn’t told it is a new game, I wouldn’t even know.

2 Likes

Same. Some of the heroes doesn’t even get their reskins (like Briggite)

Yea what a shame… We need to pay another 40-60$ after 3 years and 2000 hours on gameplay. They are such moneygrabbers.

they will probably all get new reskins but even with that, it is not enough to call it a new game.

same tbh. but from what i saw on the omnic line up (kinda like the old overwatch line up they showed the different omnic enemies) there’s a lot of new bots. i mean variety is cool and all, but what i’d rather have is enemy interactions. like will the bot move away when you come closer? things like that, will they crouch if you get them in LoS? smarter bots means more replay-ability even if the variety is low, especially since we’re gonna replay the maps again and again, imo.

as for talon side, i actually imagined they’d just be the same bots. but that’s a good point. it’d make sense for a map to have “2 sides” to it (or as many factions as we can get, i guess) like have an overwatch side for it and a talon side for it. this would give the maps more replayability too, especially since we’re going to get the same maps i guess? but expanded to some degree? i don’t imagine the whole flying omnic factory to come to the pvp mode, ya see. and maybe we get different omnics to certain maps too? like i can imagine rio and paris having similar enemies but i can imagine different sets for volskaya and anubis! like can you imagine horror/ jump scare / dark environment games inspired omnic bots for enemies for anubis or illios to give it a tomb raider kind of feel?

False, pre ordered my hard copy for $60

How many weeks/months will we have these threads for?

so don’t buy it. Left 4 Dead 2 came out a year after L4D and I had no regrets buying that.

4 Likes

You made me think about map editor once again. If there will be map editor in this Overwatch 2 DLC - I’m sold.

1 Like

i’ve never actually played a game with map editor tbh, but i can see it being a problem in PvP, but i don’t see why we can’t have it in PvE!

FarCry 5 editor. It’s so much fun.

1 Like

I get your frustration TO A POINT, BUT how many hours have you sunk into OW? I dare assume hundreds of hours if you have been playing since release. Now, take a AAA single player game adventure like say…RDR…you MIGHT…MIGHT…play it on all difficulties and fiddle with multiplayer for 100 hours in its relevant life span, and many would say they got their money’s worth, so have you not gotten your money’s worth in OW? $60 for HUNDREDS of hours of entertainment. You might say you got frustrated at times, we all do, but it IS a video game…have fun first. OW1 is getting EVERYTHING OW 2 is getting MINUS the pve element. Every hero…every map…is gonna get dumped into OW1 when 2 releases. It is gonna be a HUGE day when that happens. I only wish it would happen sooner than it probably will.