"select random skin" option?

Will there ever be an option in the skin selection screen to choose choose a random skin? Or a favorite system, and the ability to just randomly swap between them, like what you can do in Apex Legends? I want to be able to have every skin for a character and just have a new one picked for every match at random.

25 Likes

i would love it and i would find it funny too because i would select it as random and then when the match starts and it selects mercys Verdant skin and i’m just like

“F*”

2 Likes

pretty good idea. i have random on highlight intros and victory screens on most of the heroes. an example of ones that i dont are soldier 76, i keep the barbecue grill highlight

1 Like

hey bro what did u say

1 Like

I’d love an option like this a lot. Sometimes I just can’t decide which skin I wanna use :frowning:

2 Likes

Jeff Kaplan (former lead developer) said this was on their wanted list to develop like 3-4 years ago if memory serves correctly.

Obviously they had other plans with OW2 ultimately, but they agreed it would be a good addition to the game.

Back in the Anniversary AMA on Reddit this year, Aaron mentioned that they working on a „favorite skin“ select option, where you can select few of your favorite skins and the game spawns you random with one of the selected favorite skin. I don’t know if it’s coming to OW1 or OW2, but I really like the idea of it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I love it when my teams skin colors match. That’d be a fun option too, imo: To be able to see which skins your team has on, so you can comply; all Halloween skins, for example.

5 Likes

I would also like that.

4 Likes

Their wanted list that’s probably as long as Santa’s naughty list

1 Like

at least mine is… twice as long :rofl:

In this megathread I mention actually the “see other player skins” (point 4) and other minor QoL updates. Feel free of taking a look :wink:

This is one of those ideas that practically everyone says they would like to have the option to do, but typical ActiBlizzard, they ignore the low hanging fruit of customer satisifaction.

1 Like

Kind of weird that there isn’t already an option to see what skins your team is using. Or at the very least, see what skins your direct party has.

1 Like

Would love a “randomly from favorites” option, which I know Blizz can handle cause they have it in WoW for pets and mounts.

As a side note, Random shouldn’t ever include the default options. No clue why they thought that’d be a good idea for highlight intro’s.

1 Like

Idk, I think rolling the default skin every once in a while wouldn’t be horrible for skins. For highlight intros, though, it’s annoying because the default highlight intros are trash.

1 Like

Even Fortnite has this, OP. Fortnite. :skull:

That’s my favorite mercy skin lmao

1 Like

how gross :face_vomiting::face_vomiting: #worstmercyskinbesidesamber

1 Like