Season 2 Competitive Rewards Issued Incorrectly

Hello, I believe there was an error in issuing my end of season rewards for Competitive Season 2 in OW2. According to the Top 500 leader boards for season 2, I am ranked 181 on the Combined Season 2 category. In season 1 of Overwatch 2, my top 500 placement in the Combined Role category resulted in the ‘Top 500 Challenger’ title, however my rewards for end of season 2 were ‘Grandmaster Challenger’. I believe this is an error, and might be due to the game’s reward system using my Competitive Open Queue rank as my Combined rank. I am making this guess because the Career Profile inaccurately calls my open queue rank ‘Combined’.

Career Profile for Season 2
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/400501841370284033/1072689462255026257/image.png
In the above screenshot you can see the potential bug I mentioned which could be causing the issue. My Open Queue rank was diamond 3, however on the career profile it is called ‘Combined’. This is incorrect, as my combined rank should be a average of my three role queue ranks.

Proof of Placement in Top 500
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/400501841370284033/1072691864723001454/image.png
You can clearly see that the top 500 leader board for Combined category is displaying my accurate Combined role average of Grandmaster 5.

Overall I believe the rewards were issued incorrectly, as every season since the Combined Top 500 was introduced all the way back in Overwatch 1 Season 18, you have been rewarded with Top 500 rewards. Please correct my earned title.

Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

This has been a persistent, ongoing bug that the devs have yet to acknowledge. I’ve been documenting this and almost all other competitive bugs since season 34 here:

Please spread the word.

I had this too. I finished comp CTF at rank 147 but not only did I not receive my Top 500 icon from competitive CTF this season and only got the player title, but the career profile stats also removed the proof of me hitting Top 500 in open queue in Season 36 as well. We need to make our voices heard and make the devs give us the rewards we earned.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. My season 36 top 500 rewards were not granted, plus now it says on my stats that I was only diamond. I did not finish diamond. I finished top 500 and I was never given my rewards.

1 Like

Stop putting yourself to shame, Blizzard.

1 Like

I have the same problem, finished Diamond DPS and the “end of season” screen said I was platinum so I didn’t get the Diamond challenger title? Support was plat3, said plat 5 as well

2 Likes