Season 17 reduced in length - Now ending on August 13th 2019

The end date for Season 17 of Competitive Play has changed. It is now only 27 days (+hours) remaining, instead of 46 days (+ hours) remaining.

This is the first solid piece of evidence we have that changes are coming to Competitive for specifically the Overwatch live game for quite some time. (Whereas, all the most recent news was mostly focused on changes for the Overwatch League hinting at 2-2-2.)

12 Likes

I guess drastic changes are comming and we are about to learn soon.

3 Likes

Guys, I’d love to share your enthusiasm, but I’ve been let down many times to know better by now. I’ll keep my expectations at the lowest, but if something good comes, I’ll be happy!

3 Likes

Good, finally now we can have more seasons faster. Good for getting gold guns for low ranks like me. I’m bronze so… meh. :sweat_smile:
Interested to see the new changes play out though.

This is not an indication that Competitive seasons overall are being reduced in length. It may very well be an indication of starting a new season with different rules and season 18 may end up being two months and two weeks long.

4 Likes

So this is to sync 2-2-2 with owl stage 4 lol

I will point out that Overwatch League Stage 4 will already be well underway by the time we reach this date.

1 Like

Oh well… I was having some hope for a moment :stuck_out_tongue:
I think I’m gonna have to start playing more again once my chat ban is gone, that is unless I get suspended by more reports again. Following some suggestions I’ve already unbinded all of my communication keys… let’s hope now I don’t get spam reported.
Thanks for your reply, it’s appreciated.

Wait wtf then I’ll barely have time to grind back to GM. Sigh, I guess if that’s the price that needs to be paid for more consistent actually decent team comps then so be it.

I can only wish you good hunting!

havent even placed yet :slight_smile:

Welp, you’re likely gonna have to do 30 placements if 2-2-2 comes :joy:

This is pure speculation, but I do anticipate that there will be changes to the overall rules of setting one’s skill rating If and when these changes come.

Me: Alright, I’m going to finally give comp a good try, and with 48 days, that’s lots of time to slowly get my rank and maybe grind up.

Blizzard: Lol, you thought.

Jeff stated there will be role-base SR if role queue comes. Since we currently have to do 10 placement matches for just one placement for all roles, I speculate it will be 30 if we have to place 3 roles.

cant wait for tomorrow lads. cant remember the last time i was so excited for something related to ow.