Scuf / Paddles users

Hello, i just bought paddles for my controller so i can move my hands from aim stick less.

Its my second day and my adapting is still going wild. I crouch infront of enemies instead of shooting etc. xD.

So, how long did it take to get used to it for you? Also do you use middle or ring finger for paddles? I started to use middle fingers because from research thats apparently how most use it. But i feel like ring fingers would be maybe better…

Thanks! :slight_smile:

It was a tough transition but now i cant play without them . I have the xbox elite controller and i use both my middle and ring fingers.

Go with what is comfortable, and soon you wont want to not use paddles. I have had 3 elite controllers now because when they break i just cannot play with a standard controller.

Paddles? Can someone with level 3 trust post a picture of this?
What do they do?

Paddles are on the back of the controller. (i dont know my trust level, but i will just explain) Theres 4 of them, and you can map them to buttons on the front of the controller. This way you never have to take your thumb off the joystick to hit a button. Your thumb remains on the joystick and you hit the other button simultaneously with you middle /ring fingers on the back.

Its a really wild change at first, but gets easier.

Sounds efficient. I have buttons on my mouse that I remap for certain things in games. So same deal I guess.

I have the Impact (PS4) I only use 2 of the 4 paddles as it feels weird, it took me about a week to get use to them, sometimes I use my ring finger or my middle, you’ll begin favoring one more than the other as you get use to the controller. I don’t think I could go back to a normal controller.

if you had just one paddle would you use middle or ring finger? Hard question i know.

Middle for sure, i started with 1 paddle using the middle, then 2 with the middle, and not 3 with (2) middle and (1) ring.

I feel its easier to transition introducing them 1 at a time.

Yeah It took a good little bit of time to get used to them. Maybe like a week or so.

I use my middle finger comfortably ( I have ginormous hands lol) and I haven’t looked back.

I have an attachment for my controller for paddles but I’m thinking of getting a controller that has them built in.

I’ve been using the Strikepack FPS Dominator (PS4) instead of going out and spending a few hundred dollars for a Scuf (and to be honest, if you look at the reviews, the quality is questionable as is its longevity). This one adds 2 paddles, and it took me a few weeks to really get used to the feel of using it. Now, can’t game without it (and it’s a fraction of the cost of getting a competitive controller like a Scuf or Raiju etc. etc.).

those things

Thanks for the pictures, before today, I had no idea these were a thing.

I bought strikepack aswell! Do you use middle or ring fingers on it :)?

I actually use the middle fingers.

1 Like

cool, thanks, second day and its getting better but still worse then before :smiley: