Schools in Overwatch

And, well, learning the basics is important, you gotta walk before you run

If a theory is made to explain a natural phenomenon it should be a applicable in all situations, or else it’s not a good theory. You say that’s silly for a single theory to cover everything, but some theories do. The evolution theory covers how living organims change over time, and every discover that came after only served to validate it more and add to it.

Sometimes you do, sometimes you don’t. There are a lot of dicussions on how the brain learn new things, but I don’t think I’m the most qualified to explain that.

And there’s a lot more to learn if you want to understand everything about every little thing you use. There’s too much to learn in a lifetime, and that’s why publicly accessible reading and writing let us move so far forward.

Moira clearly states that Mccree “could use some culture”

Not sure if this really counts but one of ashe’s sprays shows her as a school girl (who beats up classmates no less)

Also in the spray she has some kind of fancy school uniform so maybe since her parents are wealthy they cared to send her to a private wealthy school?

4 Likes

I would like to think that every hero is rather intelligent, actually. You might argue “But Junkrat and Roadhog don’t look all that smart”. However, let me ask you this. Do you know how to make functional weapons and guns out of discarded scrap metal, as well as home-made grenades, landmines, and detonators?

3 Likes

I did not say that they are not intelligent. I asked how intelligent the average person is compared to us. Like we have a good estimate how we would do against someone from the year 800…
Ofc, the difference in team is way greater (1220 vs 38 years?) to the world of Overwatch.
But since they have those freakish enhancements, Omnics etc., the question was if they learn at early grades in school what we could never know now… For example, if even kids know the basics behind cancer treatment or some rocket science…whatever.

(Besides, the thread is like 5 months old :X)

1 Like

Oh, I strongly disagree.

Jamison Fаwkes, Minister of Engineering. Has a certain ring to it (quote from the game, I’m sure this was Junkrat’s joke, but he wouldn’t make it out of nowhere)

Junkrat is an engineer. Notice how other people in Junkertown wear weapons like shotguns/knifes, but Junkrat invented weapons of his own.

Roadhog is a philosopher and a man of culture. Wasted land confirms that.
I’d also suggest that he was a scientist related to animals/sea somehow

1 Like

He was a farmer - we don’t know what kind of farm he had though (solar farm? crops? animals?) but that doesn’t exclude that he is smart.

1 Like

I don’t think many people argue Junkrat isn’t smart. He’s crazy, but he is also a mad genius. Under different circumstances and upbringing, he may have been part of Overwatch (or more likely, Blackwatch.)

2 Likes

Well I know my favourite heroes mercy and symmetra are both intelligent so I dont care about the others :joy:

1 Like