Hear me out guys. I see myself doing really really well at Mccree, can aim flawlessly, can pop off whenever I want, improved my gamesense, postioning and all but the problem is, this is quickplay and other modes.
What i’m trying to say is, I get nervous when i think of going into ranked and picking dps because the whole team will count on me. And if I do trash it’s most likely because I get nervous and can’t focus.
I would want to play with a friend to feel calmer but when I think of solo queue, I would get scared to. Even if I’m a god at the game or something I would still be nervous to go solo. My stomach would start aching when i think of going solo queue.
What do you guys recommend? I wish i can stop this feeling but I just don’t know how…
Have you guys had this problem before, if so, please speak up.
I always have to wait also for my friends to get on, otherwise I wouldn’t play solo so obviously I wouldn’t have much hours into ranked but I really wanna keep playing and improve but can’t alone cause I get anxious in ranked solo.
Any tips?
I really want to see how well I would do if I keep on playing Mccree in ranked but too anxious to.
Just go let yourself lose a few times and maybe it’ll help you get over the fear? You know, face your fears and all that. And if someone’s mean to you, just get used to ignoring it. You could be the best and people would still be rude.
If you worry about the pressure put on your shoulders for a certain role (which is understandable), I suggest you learn to play at least 2 heroes in every role, instead of one single hero in one single role.
This way, if you perform good with McCree, no problem! And if you perform badly, if you get countered for example, you can switch to another hero/role to adapt to the situation and perform better.
Knowing that you have several options to play will relieve a lot of stress, because you can be valuable to your team in many more ways!
Just do it.
Say heck it and just jump into a few matches of comp. I also have a lot of anxiety issues about playing comp but after muting the entire chat and voicechat it’s all good.
1 Like
Worrying too much. There was just a topic about this the other day. Just put your time into competitive and you’ll learn there, and it will be much quicker than QP learning.
Play heroes you like, that also benefit the team. You absolutely will get toxicity, but all of us get it even when we’re amazing, we all have off games, or get falsely blamed, etc.
I haven’t played a lot of hours this season, simply due to not wanting to deal with toxicity. So i feel ya, playing DPS myself. One thing you could do, is to just mute voice chat AND match chat too. Remove any tool for your teammates/enemies to call you out. You do sacrifice call-outs, but atleast you can focus on your gameplay? I’m gonna try this when i get home. People never give a sh*t about my calls anyways lol
Don’t follow this advice… Playing by yourself in your corner without considering your team is a recipe for defeat… This is a team game for a reason.
Accidently deleted my response lol. Im in mid-master, so i know how to play. With or without comms. I’ve won multiple games in voice chat with zero calls.
However -
It CAN win games tho. Being active on voice gives you a huge advantage. My point is, if you are anxious about playing, i think it’s a fair sacrifice. You loose the comms, but gain the focus and enjoyment of the game.
1 Like