Say NO to private profiles

Different point of view. What would change if they knew it was a lie?
They would be tilted right from the get go.
If the player is really bad and tries to perform, he will now get the chance and will switch f he sees it is not working. If said player is throwing … well, he will throw with and without knowledge of his playtime on any hero.

In a good team players should talk about what they are willing and comfortable to play, if you have to judge your teammates over their profiles there is something wrong anyways.

5 Likes

I’ll be keeping my profile public because I’ve got nothing to hide

3 Likes

Avoid as teammate or report him. Someone using a claim of having some arbitrary amount of time played to justify poor teamwork isn’t something I’m happy to put up with.

2 Likes

With private profiles less people will have the reason to be toxic at the start of the game when seeing an off meta main and start spam report them.

8 Likes

Thank god I don’t like associating with others.

Soloq FTW!

1 Like

And being a Sombra one trick is going to make things any better?

1 Like

I already won a game with my 2 overall hours Genji on KOTH master level when we were losing 0/1. Why ? Because I’m god ? Nope. Just because nobody could play Genji and He is the hero we needed versus Mercy/Zen/Junkrat/Hanzo/…

Hopefully it was midgame so nobody checked my profile when I swapped in the middle of the round that could have been our last one. I can’t say I carry my team since it was strong teamplay but I’m sure that consistently killing their Zenyata was what we needed.

Stats are BS.

I have like 40% winrate with Ana on QP since I learned how to play with her in QP with 5 other retarded DPS here to play Call of Duty. I have something like 65% winrate with her this season on comp. People bullied me for picking her when I start using her in competitive.

3 Likes

If you belive only in “hero times” truth, you haven’t any opinion.

7 Likes

Haha it won’t :slight_smile:

The general direction of the game is to enhance counter picks, swapping and strategies just like MOBA drafts. It promotes flexibility and slowly kill OTPs. that’s the best part of it.

This is a great change. When the moth meta was around all my profile said was I played Mercy because you couldn’t play any other support without people complaining to me. I like to play Zen so now I won’t ever have to see any one complain except for my account being private. If they want to get toxic over that expect a report from me.

2 Likes

I believe if someone has something they don’t want others knowing about their play styles and choices, but then wants to give an opinion while hiding where it’s coming from, then yes. That person’s opinion isn’t worth my time. It’s literally invalid in my eyes.

2 Likes

Everything about these new “social features” will just bring more toxicity than stop. But there’s nothing any of us can do. Once Blizzard decides they’re going to do something, it’s set in stone.

Make a group and if you gave 6 people talk to them they will tell you what they want to play. Hide profiles is just for people that have a lot of time in one hero and maybe don’t want to hear that they just should play that one character. It’s a good thing in my opinion.

1 Like

Oh wow, I thought private profiles were just for the forums, I didn’t realize it was for the game too. I don’t like that.

2 Likes

But it’s already toxic when people can see profiles, so who cares. Besides, we as players have a choice to not set it as private or not. I’m just glad we have choices now.

1 Like

People are already super toxic, rank was just another way to put others down.

Choices are good, if people lie, make your own group with friends from the game.

1 Like

I dont understand why these people dont want to play their main in Comp, i mainly play mercy, Zen, and orsia but can play soilder, and tracer in comp if needed(gold on console) will i ever play anyone else in comp? No, i am not in comp to have fun, my priority is to win at all costs because i want more SR and higher rank, if i am in the mood to put fun at the top i go to QP not comp, putting fun as i prority means your not playing on your best heroes and at 100% meaning you but the other 5 people at a disadvantage

2 Likes

OP, people do that now except they claim that they have a different account.

1 Like

Idk but I think know the reason why they added this feature it’s because of toxic people

Private profiles are a good thing. Every major product has them. Facebook, steam, twitter etc. They all have privacy settings because it’s a desireable feature for people who feel uncomfortable being snooped.

13 Likes