Samito places gold

I do what i like so focus on your life , thank you. If i would have only one account i would have all hours there , this way are my hours just separated.

Again i have a lot experience with placing accounts. Initial placement works with qp mmr to some extent but result is highly affected by number of won or lost games. Performance based are next placements where it can help you to even skip whole rank if you overoperformed a lot before and in placement.

If that player was placed in gold he simply wanted to be placed lower. End of story. If he is some kind of top player he would be placed diamond + when tryharding.

2 Likes

just needs to get good? he’s a top 500 player and peaked top 1 lol

4 Likes

Sorry buddy that is completely untrue.

There’s even a thread here somewhere where the author presents a formula for the hidden gains and losses during first ever placements with a large enough sample size to be very close to the real thing and that one doesn’t even factor in performance - just wins and losses.

As for the post you replied to I believe that DongQuixote is even mentioned in that thread as he has several accounts - and one of them he did placed master (on first placements).

all I know is that I read conflicting stories about how it works all the time with the theory that performance having the most impact being the most common one.

at this point I’m not even sure the engineers who coded it know how it works. I don’t get why it’s a secret that seems to be more closely guarded than the formula for Coca-Cola

3 Likes

I can try to explain it more detailed when i come home if you want.

Not going to argue with you there - a lot of theories floating around when it comes to everything related to comp.

However if you are interested here’s the thread I talked about. It’s at leased based on some sort of “research”: Initial Competitive Skill Rating, Decrypted

2 Likes

I know his work and its good post but i cant say i agree with everything there.

holy cow that’s a lot of reading

I’ll bookmark it and read it some other time, too early in the morning after a 3 day weekend to read it now

1 Like

If you are intetested you can check my topic where i was writing down a lot of stuff.

Competitive Experiment - 158 games played - #11 by Vex-21489

In my placement mercy one trick i placed in plat after 5/5.

Someone who is top500 placing in gold after tryharding is total nonsense.

Placements on a fresh account often lands you in gold or plat.

Blizzard haven’t revealed how placements work really but there’s threads both on this forum and places like reddit in which people have analyzed fresh accounts placements and been able to spot patterns.

From my understanding it’s been established by lots of experiments that your QP/Arcade MMR don’t matter at all and I’m not sure but I think blizzard have confirmed this either directly or indirectly.

So essentially all none-placed accounts should start off with the same SR, probably around gold, but with no MMR until after first game is played. The fluctuations in the beginning are probably huge and PBSR probably play a huge part in terms of what kind of opponents you are getting matched up the game after in order to prevent a bronze/silver get smashed by gold/plat players 10 straight games as well as ensuring no plat/diamond player get lots of easy wins on the expense of golds.

Anyways, the SR given to you after the 10 placements seems to mainly be based on win/loss record however the opponents MMR and your PBSR also seems to play a significant part.

People have claimed getting diamond with 6 wins but you would probably need to play outstanding against very good opponents in order to achieve that, more then likely you need 7-8 wins to get diamond while playing good. The highest you seem to be able to get if you go completly godmode and smash opponents for 10 games straight is 3550 SR.

Then again after your 10 placements your SR can swing up to like 100 SR per game in either direction based of your performance until the matchmakers been able to match your SR to what it believe your MMR is.

Blizzard have said that they can tell with pretty good accuracy after 15 games where someone belongs.

1 Like

If a t500 tryhards in placements and goes 10-0, they are going to place master.

3 Likes

I don’t think you can get placed after 1 single game on a brand new account…

If it takes 15 games, then make initial placements 15 games.

So fed up of seeing players in gold that have no business being there. Great example was 700 Sr Soldier initially placed 2200. That’s a heckuva error. (unit lost coaching vid, 700 Sr Soldier).

1 Like

I can believe that.

Is she a support main?

I’ve easily won games at 2600 as support with great team mates.

I’ve lost games at 1200 trying to support the unsupportable. If I was ever that low for any reason I’d lock dps and frag my way out.

“You dedicate more time to this and enjoy it, and since you have exhibited more experience I’m gonna call you a no life”

2 Likes

gold border hardstuck omegalul

Don’t you know, more time on anything is ALWAYS a bad thing.

Says the one with more accounts :triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph:

At least I’m not silver border on any of my four accounts, you hardstuck GM. :joy:

1 Like

The default placement on a fresh account is usually gold no matter how good you are.

Gold is super easy to climb out of if you don’t belong there though. I placed like 2025 at the start of the season and now I’m pushing 2800

I know right! Rather be sub 4100 than gold boarder :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: