Samito Is Right...Again

Shouldn’t *have.

3 Likes

I gotta say its rather hilarious how the top end of streamers and similar e-celebrities have a part of the blame for killing OW1 and now they are complaining its dead.

Like… ok. You bought this cake. Eat it.

17 Likes

We’re really gonna compare losing the ow2 beta to losing paris and horizon…? I get that you enjoyed it, but how fun was it having half the lobby leave almost every time the maps came up?

9 Likes

Yes, I’m going to compare the loss of content during a content drought to the loss of content during the content drought.

I promise, I’ve never had an HLC or Paris where half of the lobby just left. I’m thinking that’s mostly a comp thing? In fact, one of my best highlights comes from Paris where I got a 6k as Junkrat. Look, if your constant reality is people who’d rather leave than play HLC, then I understand why you’d rather see it gone, but I didn’t go through that.

At most, people left mid match when they were losing, but I still played entire games of HLC and Paris more often than not.

9 Likes

The video was all over the place. In the first half he praises the beta as a nice update to the game, and then flips the script half way through talking about how half assed everything is.

I do hope maybe their announcement is that their next beta wave will be open and that it’ll remain open until official launch and that they’ll just add new content to every month or so until 2.0 is officially “launched”.

1 Like

4 minutes of the video is just him getting so salty and telling team 4 how important he is
He is so full of himself XD

hes ignoring the fact that while the main competitive player base is dying the casual one is still doing pretty good

9 Likes

Why are people still supporting that… thing? Grown man getting tilted easily over a 6 year old potato video game.

4 Likes

Turning the game into 5v5 and changing the pacing would likely have fixed those maps and Assault mode as a whole, but we’ll never even get a chance to try it, because they simply deleted it like a month before the players got to try them.

The same goes for the dreadful “role passive”. Why does every tank need cc resistance when you just deleted most cc from the game? You are working with wildly different characters with extremely distinct kits and you find it a good idea to blanket a role with the same ability, just why?

The decisions we see and the reasoning behind them, seems so much like a clueless panic reaction to change the game/ fix it with no real plan.

5 Likes

And just what is wrong with potatoes, HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

3 Likes

I don’t think you can realistically use the terms “Samito” and “right” in the same sentence without having the word “not” somewhere in between

9 Likes

I have given that guy the benefit of the doubt multiple times, but basically all the videos of him that I have seen so far were full of absolute trash takes.

I really don’t get why people keep pushing this garbage :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I can’t help but just see a tuber mad that he’s got nothing to make content on so he just makes cry baby content now. Just and observation…

10 Likes

content creators just mad cause they expected 2022 to be profit increasing year… such bottom feeders it’s crazy.

9 Likes

This long beta is going to hurt ow1 for sure. Its true, people dont care anymore

This was all handled very badly and everyone knows it

Im still on board with the change to 5s and pve, but its simply taking too long with ow1 essentially dying and getting nothing

Im not worried about a streamer making less money though

3 Likes

Yeah, I ain’t gonna watch it and I don’t even really care about a TLDR, but of course OW1 is an undead corpse now, it’s literally waiting for OW2. It’s getting the absolute minimum of what could be called content and not even balance patches. All so they can drop OW2 PvP faster.

I mean, it was closed if you couldn’t catch the Twitch show, which yes, if it was in the middle of the night in your timezone, you’re kinda screwed.

Every beta ends, that’s the circle of life. I don’t know if it takes ups too much space of manpower to keep it running, it was never gonna stay.

Yeah, the 5v5 did more harm than good (until the thing releases, anyway). But this is the only way they could “balance” double shield. Again, probably the best choice they could make now is to actually keep OW1 as 6v6 in maintenance mode and OW2 as its own 5v5 thing.

Nah, ranked and QP were always full of people who just throw for fun. And guess people take comp deathmatch super cereal when they call for banning Hog and Hog players.

1 Like

Gotta give a little lip service so blizz keeps sending him those scraps.

3 Likes

OW1 competitive scene were in decline by poorly done decisions and lack of planning.

Draft system, role selection inside the match and one hero per match could saved the comp. What killed it were things like GOATS, queue times, mirror matches, one tricks and main heroes.

OW2 have the same poor decisions just cutting one of the “bottlenecks”, the next bottleneck will appear afterwards. Will not save competitive scene neither make it fun to watch. OW never was fun to watch, they tried wrongly to make it so.

OW was planned without competitive concept, the concept was added later on. OW2 they had the chance to shift towards competitive but again, doing the same mistakes.

OW2 will hinder competitive scene for OW1, doesn’t mean that will hinder casual play which still represents half or more of the playerbase outside Korea. Competitive play pretty much never reached more than 50% of the playerbase outside Korea, even in there was like 59-60% most of the time. That accounting all ranked modes combined.

So, to tackle those problems they need to make the game more watchable, for that they need to re-plan how to make it appealing to do so. Competitive integrity it is a start, but the game should be easier to “follow”. For that they need to make the game to work at certain pace threshold, most of the competitive shooters aren’t that frenetic or fast even if they make it “slower” on OWL streams, like at 0.75x.

Second, address the elephant on the room. Everybody should have a purpose, each hero a identity and each role a purpose. Those 3 would form solid pillars for all 3 crowds, yet even this day they failed to deliver that.

Counters exist but folks don’t play them
Mirror matches became a “thing”
One tricks and main heroes became a “thing”
Roles don’t have a pattern, supports by example half fit 2 of the 4 purposes of the role, while the rest would have 3 of the 4 of them while one of them just fit 1 of the 4. They had a pattern that they broke and never got it right after ana’s release.

About beta being open or not, the problem isn’t that. The problem was they gone to redo PVP on OW2, instead of do that on OW1.

OW1 IS PVP, OW2 IS PVE. While both would use the same client at some point in the future, they should had used PTR, Experimental to make those changes. Yet they tried to put it behind OW2 logo. The reality was a bad decision right there. When they decided that OW2 PVP would be a thing, while the whole idea of a new game was because PVE were too big to be just a expansion.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate the summary. I didn’t really want to watch the video. And, I can’t believe I’m saying this, I agree with Samito. This is a first. I don’t normally agree with the guy, but I think he’s spot on (or at least your summary of what he said is).

1 Like

Isn’t that the guy that stated that there was nothing to be excited about the Beta and that retracted everything positive he said about the future of Overwatch, a few weeks after the over-ecstatic Twitter messages from streamers that signed the NDA ?

Not interested in watching a video about yet another streamer ranting about OW1 but I gotta say that everything he said about the Beta was right : there was nothing to get too excited about and the future feels uncertain (if it was indeed him, maybe it was Stylizer - can’t retrieve the video).

1 Like

Thank god, maybe they can revert this horrendous change.

1 Like