Samito Is Right...Again

Was that him that ranted about the future of Overwatch after having signed the NDA or was it Stylizer ?

I can’t retrieve the video… I remember it was something about what he experienced on the Beta that was basically a let-down…

LMAO

right about what?

5v5 is the main reason for the content drought and the PvE delay.

I am really exited for the PvE content, but the switch to 5v5 was simply a terrible move.

Continuous hero/map releases and some gameplay/balance changes leading up to an earlier PvE release would have been so much better for the game.

3 Likes

You know streaming is literally their job, right?

Let me put what you said in basic terms:

“You want a raise for working for this company for 6 years? Wow, what a piece of garbage you are. You are what’s wrong with this world.”

Doesn’t sound nice, does it?

3 Likes

Look he might have good points but he’s quick to flip-flop and contradicts himself quite frequently.

Take anything he says for what it is - his opinion.

4 Likes

i mean… they need extra prep time to make their videos… they deserve it because they built a following around a game because this company made a game they enjoyed and they made good content… content that people wanted to watch. A company doesnt do anything for content creators, its literally just content creators giving free ADs for the company to sell more games.

2 Likes

Well people in the forums hate samito so gl with this post

3 Likes

You’re right, but that’s no excuse, and its no one’s fault but theirs. You say

But your analogy doesn’t factor in how working for yourself is entirely different than working for a company. Saying “how dare you expect a raise” here fails as an analogy because Samito doesn’t have a boss to give him a raise. He is his own boss, and that’s a great thing, but it comes with mighty downsides like this.

Alternatively, he could work for Door Dash to be his own boss. You can make great money with Door Dash if you have dedication.

2 Likes

I wonder what you think about this:

God I could barely get 4 minutes through this video. He just sounds like someone complaining his views are lower because the game is old and changing.

5 Likes

Idk, is OW1 really dead?

Anecdotally, I’ve been seeing a ton of people who have said they haven’t played in 2+ years and are presumably back on OW1 because the PVP Beta has ended. They’re still playing, though.

I’ve been able to get games consistently and quickly and I’m in OCE of all places.

Twitch viewership is down, of course (and that’s really what Samito is complaining about - it’s his income) but that has no real correlation with player count.

8 Likes

The guy who quit OW to sell gaming merch… then deleted their video and returned to overwatch.

His main source of income is drama.

5 Likes

yes samito is right put confidence on microsoft to fix overwatch problems, the same guys who delivered halo notfinite in the state it was and still is

:clown_face:

say what you want about him but THIS time he hit the nail on the head, OW1 is dead he’s just putting the community’s and cc’s thoughts out there for everyone to see

It’s ridiculous to force the playerbase back into OW1 SPECIALLY after Geoff himself said in an interview in JANUARY that playing OW1 was jarring after having played OW2’s 5v5 format, this isn’t something they didn’t know about, they knew it would feel this way and they still pulled the beta back, they killed their game 100% on purpose

who’s the fool that’ll stay and support them as they laugh on everyone’s faces? how many times do they need to ask you to leave?

it’s time for everyone to open their eyes just like samito is saying, find other games you enjoy in the meantime and if you never come back that’s ok, they don’t care

4 Likes

have you bothered watching the video? He doesn’t even talk about balancing of your precious supports.

6 Likes

I wonder if they took the servers down to modify them and thats why it’s in chunks.

That’s most of this thread.

Didn’t spend 2 seconds in the video and used their preconceived biases against the man to interject an irrelevant heavily biased ad hominem in no way relevant to the content in question.

Taking down the beta was a horrible move. OW’s business model is horrible. OW is outclassed by pretty much every other hero shooter out there. Nothing he’s saying is wrong.

8 Likes

Samito officially doesn’t understand what “officially” means.

2 Likes

Not giving him the monetization by watching the video, especially since he is part of the reason why Overwatch is in the terrible state that it’s in

1 Like

I’ve been crapping all over OW2 for years now. Based on how Blizzard has been treating my favorite role, tanks, I strongly suspected that the only thing OW2 would bring were heavier tank nerfs, and stronger DPS.

That said, I have zero desire to play OW. The game ceased having any semblance of fun years ago for tank players. But, I would like to play OW2. That’s actually fun.