Rusty mid-plat looking for VOD review to get back into game

I peaked a while back at 3200 and then after double shield meta came up, I stopped playing the game as much. I want to get back into the game but I’m pretty rusty and I decayed down to 2800-ish.

I 4-stacked with a few friends for some games recently to see if I want to play again and I think I want to get back into the game soon. I won/lost a mix of games where we steamrolled, got steamrolled, and went pretty toe-to-toe in some games. 2 wins, 2 losses.

Here are the replay codes:
85CZR8
H7CCPQ
5BPXS9
FZZ6FM

1 Like

icon change. . . looks good on you. but so did that SF skin. I’ll remember it and those environmentals.

(and much as I’d like to do)
See your hooks before you be your hooks.
Squishy’s and targets you can one shot punch even are better than those that take longer to finish.
That’s the one thing I would put a bit of emphasis on. Your flanking is good but have a timer on how long any flank might require to execute and will it take too long vs. fronting w/ the team and stuff. BUt I trust your reads (without watching the replays . . . I’m exhausted sorry man)

It doesn’t work this way, you either go with a person via discord, he stream your vod, he opens 2nd ow.exe to show how to do stuff, and then compare with what you did on your replay. I do it like that with friends, and it actually helps them. Forum reviews could be only for kekw’s. And nobody would do any usefull for free with random person. So you’d better to have budget or time for self-improvement.

Incorrect… I’ve done plenty of VOD reviews for players (ranging from Bronze to Diamond) on the forums.

You seem a little cynical and selfish…

1 Like

You waste your and their time this way, it is not about selfishness, it is about maximum efficiency, or at least some efficiency. The only way to reach that state would be with propper interaction. You want to change brain of a player, you should scalp that, every single curve his brain have. Texting do nothing but navigate him in right place, but how he would percept that - you don’t know. You need consistent feedback in matter of time to make it work.

Yeah… I coach Gold and Plat scrim teams… I only do VODs here for fun.

Some people DO learn without being shown/spoon fed everything.

Some people have asked additional questions which I’ve either answered through text or added them in-game and on discord to follow up with.

It really depends on how motivated the player is. If they want to learn, they’ll seek out the help.

2 Likes

that is true, but still you waste tons of time with wrong approach to process. The time you spend in text, I would teach monkey to play the game, I think. Basically what is wrong with texting, is inability to show right examples

Cool story bro…

I’m not going to give my best coaching efforts to just anyone, nor am I going to give them tips and tricks unless they genuinely pursue the coaching…

2 Likes

That was my op’s main message. I am perfeccionist, if you do stuff, you make sure it works, or don’t waste your time.

1 Like

Fair enough…

1 Like