Rule to increase Ult Charge?

I’m new to creating things in the workshop, and I’ve only gone and copied the experimental card into Practice range to have a crack at editing some of the changes they made. I’m just trying to increase the charge rate for Mercy’s ultimate to see how it would feel if it was faster, but the only thing I know how to do is to automatically set your ultimate to a certain number once you spawn as her.
Does anyone know if there’s a way to not need to do that, and instead have it so ult charge is passively increased, or points going towards your ultimate is multiplied in some way?
Thanks a bunch if you have any advice!

Go into the custom game settings and from there go to Heroes, pick mercy and u can change her ultimate generation

yea seems like thats the way to do it, i thought there was some fancy code way of doing it or smth

i would assume there IS a way to do it, but it’s really REALLY complicated and you’d have to know some programming for it.

your best bet is to increase-decrease ultimate charge rate (which is generation). make sure to do the third one instead of “combat” and “passive”.

remember this

• if you want to increase the ultimate charge rate then you have to set it to 99% or below.

• if you want to reduce the ultimate charge rate then you have to set it to 101% or above.

Isn’t this the other way around?
Like if you want to decrease the ult charge rate then you should set it below 100%?

2 Likes

no the charge rate is very very weird. to make the charge rate charge slowly you have to decrease it. example being if you want brigs original ultimate cost then you set the charge rate to 110% instead of 90%

But ultimate cost and charge rate are 2 different things, and normally increasing the charge rate applies as intended, the ultimeter to reach the cost should charge in reasonable time, on 500% rate literally instant, modifying the charge rate does not modify the cost or amount of charge points to gain the ultimate though, so its totally new for me to hear that its bugged specifically on Brigitte. Maybe make sure you just modify the hero really specifically under the Heroe’s settings panel alone and not additionally in the general hero settings section, the general settings will if i remember override the other modifications.

4 Likes

no it’s not just on brigitte …

charge rate ≠ ultimate cost, i know that. however it CAN be an alternative for changing ultimate cost because it can charge as fast as it did back in 2016 for example.

this is for every hero not just brigitte. let’s say this

for brigitte: you wanna change her ultimate cost back to 2520 points down from 2800. you would increase the Charge Rate or Generation Rate to 110%.

for moira: you wanna change her ultimate cost back to 2324 points down from 2800. you would increase her Charge Rate or Generation Rate to 117%.

if you wanna increase mercys ultimate cost back to 2093 points up from 1820, you’d have to reduce her Charge/Generation rate down to 85%, however it charges REALLY slowly, even when her hps is increased to 59.5 which i wouldn’t recommend because it feels really bad.

charge rate is not ideal, however it is an okay alternative until they actually let us change ultimate costs.