Roles should be randomly assigned in QP

that gotta be one of the worst suggestions.
Being forced to play a map/mode you hate is already bad enough, imagine being forced to play a class you don’t feel like playing.

With respect, I fail to see how this would be fair.
It would be better if there was a “free” and a “2-2-2” option and that way anyone could pick what they wanted to play. And players who preferred 2-2-2 matchmaking would get into balanced teams.

I for one like playing healer. I would actually have to wait a bit longer than tank players from experience.
If someone is willing to flex more roles to wait a shorter time, they should be allowed to do so.
If someone was willing to wait five minutes to play DPS, they should also be allowed to do so.
If they were okay with immediately jumping into a free team with no constraints, they should be allowed to do that as well.

Give players as much freedom as possible. I believe that this would be the fairest option possible.

2 Likes

I don’t want it lol. I’m just saying if it was done that way you’d have to suspend leavers in qp or else everyone would leave games. Just playing devil’s advocate

ITT: More proof of why people assume DPS mains are selfish.

1 Like

or, all the “dps only” get sent to their own area.
and the rest of us play overwatch.

1 Like

No Limits

and QoL for the LFG

problem solved

That sounds terrible. If you want to play the most popular role on your server, then you should have to wait, even if it is a long queue. It’s not fair at all for people who a) have no interest in DPS to have to Bowser Revolution the queue time just for the DPS crybabies.

1 Like

So exactly like Mystery Heroes

1 Like

The solution to Tanks in Competitive was to make playing them such a horrible experience that nobody would want to pick them. But they still do if they want to win and that Reinhardt will put up with getting turned into a pinball.

But on the QP side where there’s no incentive, nobody wants to take on the most hated role because… well… why would you? Very very few people actually find fun in it.

So rather than make tanks fun, your solution is to FORCE people into the role.

I don’t realistically think tanks could be made more fun without a total overhaul of the entire game.

Also, I think a lot of DPS players simply will not play anything else no matter how the other roles feel to play.

Ok, this could actually work. But I have 3 conditions.

1. I don’t think role-based SR could work with random roles, it doesn’t seem fair to rank your performance on something you didn’t pick. So stick with the current SR system.

2. So that people don’t just quit if they don’t get the role they want, I think it should change whenever you die.

3. Roles are too restrictive, given the fact that there are more dps than there are tanks and supports combined. So instead, make it random characters.

And then it’s perfect, I’ll finally have the Competitive Mystery Heroes mode I’ve been begging for for 2 years :smiley:

Sure thing.

Future teammates: if I roll DPS just know that we will lose.

2 Likes

Forcing people to play a role against their will is not going to make them play the role properly.

Same.

1 Like

Alright, i’ll play battle Mercy or baby dva, then. Not an issue.
It’s only quickplay.

So mean…! Honestly.

Oh boy, can’t wait to soft-throw 2/3 of my quickplay games.

I rather have the Tank category just removed entirely. There a lot of reasons why a lot of people don’t play Tanks. One is holding an Shield most of the game and some are not engaging or hell take time learning as Tracer etc.

What if I DON’T want to dps-ing? It’s too generalizing to assume that everyone wants to play DPS.

2 Likes

Then I’d stop playing?
A game that’s forcing me to play something, rather than what I want to play?
What If i only have time for 1 match in a day? And I’m forced to play a role I don’t want?

Edit: I just saw who the OP was. Why did I let myself get dragged into this?

This idea is beyond terrible.

1 Like

We already something for this, it’s called mystery heroes. And that’s a mode for people that are willing to play random roles/characters.

1 Like