[RoleQ] Behold my horrible GIF making skills

Its only 30 minutes if you choose it to be

pick another class if you dont have the patience

or learn to be patient

your choice really

:star::star::star::star::star:

:keycap_ten::keycap_ten::nine:
:raising_hand_man::raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_man:

Exactly as it needs to be!! (the top one)
The bottom one will just keep 3 tanks a thing sadly.

This is 100% perfect so of course Blizzard wont be doing this lol

True, but if you either limit healers to 2 per team, or 1 offhealer per team.
First option would make 3-3 impossible.
Second option would still allow for 3-3, but it would drastically reduce it’s power.

You did the same thing… But just rounded down. Like, wut?

1 Like

Man, if they added specific role conditions it would be easier. For example tanks get some penalty from Lucio’s speed boost (say it 10 or 15% less movement speed gain), they didn’t have to nerf him to all characters.

Or even hero specific restrictions. Throw out some consistency for balance improvements, would it be bad? (i.e. many people would like Reinhardt to get some CC displacement resistance)

My choice is to not worry about role queue because it is absolutely not happening in the form that you people want it to.

1 Like

Oh nice.

See you’ve been putting more thought into the whole structure of things.

A common complaint I’ve been seeing “Oh, the queue time.”

It wouldn’t be bad to just implement what I had seen in League of Legends and Evolve, where they wanted you to select the primary role you wanted to queue for and a secondary role you’d be okay with selecting as well.

I believe he meant there would be 30 minute queues if they implemented it now. He then proceeded to say that to avoid that it would take months of rewriting the matchmaker, which I assume is what is happening at the moment.

Rounding down from 21 minutes and rounding up 50% are two entirely different matters… I rounded down 5%…

Jeff basically said this is how it would have to be… only in the simple case of flat DPS-Tank-Support queuing would you have 20 minute waits for DPS… they know this is unacceptable…

He said 21 minutes? I thought it was 23-8, I could not remember the exact. That being said, I stand by 30 minute queue times for myself. If I get closer to diamond on console… Yeah, it might be even longer, especially once the playerbase drops like flies.

1 Like

Problem is that separating comp into two queues would increase queue times a lot, i can barely find any players in comp in 5-10+ minutes in my region

When it comes to special event comp modes, it gets worse

1 Like

Yeah… But couldn’t that also solve the problem?

Like you’d figure DPS mains would flock to the unrestricted one, so wouldn’t that alleviate the queue times of the other one?

Because what Tank or Support mains would really queue into something without the structure where their queue times are about the same? I’d imagine only the ones that regularly swap off stuff would.

id still split the players in half, for the smaller regions this would render the game really hard to play

Splitting the players in half is a theory. People could queue more for one of the lines than the other.

Perhaps queue isn’t the best word then.
This should be different entry points to the same matchmaker.

Diamond on console… not surprised. Again, that would be with flat queues… that’s not what they will do.

Some people will leave, but over time some will stay too. Its not the apocalypse you guys make it sound like.

I did some math the other day and I think unless they make the system even more lenient (which isn’t a great idea) queue times should increase by a decent margin for everyone, with DPS having the worst time:

Not unreasonable at all, don’t worry about that.

I think this will come with similar consequences to what we already have though if it doesn’t have unlocked queue would probably be somewhat easier to balance since 4 out of the 6 players would be at least somewhat predictable.

Though I’m assuming you’d be including this in conjunction with your other idea about locking supports and barrier tanks specifically?

I am sure Blizzards well aware of queue times and their math is more reliant than anyone here. Your’s is a fiction based on flat queues, they said they wont do that.