Role Queue pretty much destroyed QP

I made a post a while ago issuing my apology for supporting RQ in the past. I was wrong.

To expand on the topic a little farther, I’d like to add that 4-5 dps comps have never left. DPS players are on mass slithering their way into tank/support queues and ruining games just like they used to. Worse yet, Blizzard exacerbates the problem by continuing to makes supports into semi-dps.

Pre-RQ whenever you did get a 2-2-2 comp you did face the problem of dps players conforming to fit a certain meta. The only difference now is longer queues. The end result is the same. 4-5 dps in a game except instead they are opting to play Baptiste/Moira or Hog/Zarya.

And now Blizzard is trying to pick up the pieces from this disasters. They are demolishing shields and trying to slowly morph all roles into being very similar to dps. It’s a creepy world it’s become where the other roles which were once unique and creative are now turning into this amorphous blob trying to be something they never will. All it results in is boring gameplay and frustration.

Note this applies mostly to QP. Comp tends to attract players who care about winning so are far more likely to play their actual roles.

1 Like

well said, and thank you for that

and I dont just say that because…well…free pizza, you know, everyone likes free pizza

1 Like

Nope, i love RQ QP…i play it along with QPC which has its own fun. Even if people go full DPS as healer…at least they throw a few heals once or twice my way…which is still better than full WMs/hanzos/genjis everywhere…nope. Just my opinion .

1 Like

People screamed “WE WANT MMR RESET”
Well this is a version of MMR Reset. Everyone starts at their original MMR and has to drop or climb to the rank where they belong. It takes quite a lot of time

I agree with CoffeeGirl. I’m enjoying 2-2-2 more than old quickplay, and QPC still exists regardless.

1 Like