Role Queue is a DISASTER!

What about, specifically, role queue is bad. Queue times are bad, but that’s only tangentially related to role queue. That problem can likely be fixed without removing role lock. Leavers happened prior to role queue. Meta was bad before role queue. What about role queue is the problem?

4 Likes

The lack of foresight baffles me. Half the characters in the game are dps but you can still only have 2 on a team. 222 also lets the devs hide the rampant balance problems.

6 Likes

Where did you see this information?

1 Like

Why is that a foresight problem? They planned, specifically, never to have 2-2-2. Initially, there were 4 hero categories. Things changed. 2-2-2 is currently helping fix balance problems.

2 Likes

How do you think the time problem can be solved? The demand on dps role is much much higher than the other 2 roles so that will be hugely difficult to solve especially in a locked system like in role queue, and speaking of dps role, do u know how horrible it is to wait 12-15mins to get a match and then someone leaves the match??

2 Likes

How about elaborating on this?

And by the way, he’s not lying, as the devs themselves have made it clear in official statements that the majority of the game’s player base actually really enjoys 2/2/2 role - lock:

You can still find your ““freedom”” in Quick Play Classic… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

3 Likes

unfortunately, QP Classic is not equivalent to pre-222 qp in multiple respects

2 Likes

burnz :smiley:

I’ll be one to say I’m not taking anyone’s word that overall community reaction has been positive when I see certain things like people leaving. However, I’m not going to make a big argument against it, either since…I don’t know every little thing and…I don’t care.

Whether role queue is for people or not is just a personal thing, and if people think it’s awful enough, they will and should leave.

The part about balancing though…gotta say, I’ve never been impressed about this. Not from day 1. Now…I haven’t left the game, because as a totally uncompetitive, non-esport friendly game, this game is pretty great casual burn time. It’s also why bad balance hasn’t had me leave the game. But the changes need to be not just balanced, but fun.

Changes to Brig, for example were needed, but she’s dull to play now and I’m trying. Tanks in general are beastly dull. DPS is the best role in this game and either Tanks and support should just be ignored from here on in if that’s the way it’s going to continue to be, or something really badly has to be done about tank choices, balance, and making them most importantly, fun.

More D.Va and Wrecking Ball, with balance. Less hurr durr Orissa, and slow hit point/barrier sponges in general. Nobody ever said tanks have to be lumbering walls, not in a fictional video game.

1 Like

You’ve been throwing this “argument” of your all over around the Forums lately and haven’t once stopped and explained what you mean. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I don’t know why the role queue system hates me but i only win 1 out of 5 games on every role when i used to win much more without role queue, last season i was diamond this season, I’m gold???, most games i feel like i have a braindead team, we’re always just getting spawncamped idk whats wrong (playing support)

How are the going to improve the influx of leavers more so now than ever? How are they going to improve healers focusing on dpsing vs healing? How are they going to improve tank throwers or 2 dive tanks solo diving non stop? How are they going to improve throwers? How are they going to improve dps who never switch, especially Genji’s who do nothing helpful?

At least without role queue, people could say “f-it” and go from dps to heals or tank or heals to dps or tank etc.

edit: please don’t say, “Report it and they will take action” because more times than not they don’t unless a person gets A LOT of reports.

4 Likes

How do you know the overall community reaction has been positive also? Because Blizzard said so? Of course they would. I bet they are getting great positive reactions about hiding people who are grouped in matches to the other team too huh? So for all you know you are going up against a 3-6 groups while your team is all solos.

1 Like

The DPS waits are long, cause a lot of bad DPS players. Sorry law of averages says so. Tanks and support are so much less of the overall player base. They play in more often than not, games below or above their SR. Again, law of averages says this is true due to the extremely high numbers of DPS players.

The fix, stop playing DPS! More of you need to get better at DPS, or play as a tank or support. That would help the issue.

But 90% of the game wants to DPS onry! So it’s not the games fault, it’s the players

2 Likes

Increase the timers for all roles.Only dedicated players of that say role will wait 10 mins + to play it.

in my opinion best way to make competitve for cvompetitve players only.You need to prove it.

I’ll be glad if they were to increase the timers for dps to 30mins.I don’t mind waiting.In the meantime i’ll be in training room or deathmatch practicing.

heck make it 40 mins i don’t mind.

10 minutes. 30. 40. What do I care? I don’t play this game anymore. I keep an ear out to see if they ever bother to fix the issues with low ranks. Until then, I’ll never play another game of Overwatch, and enjoy other games that are just plain better.

RQ. No RQ. Meh. I got sick of the nonsense this game forces players to deal with. So I won’t be dealing with any of it anymore.

2 Likes

I don’t believe these posts FROM Blizz or the mods claiming that the response to role queue has been just great! Fine and dandy!

I was part of a show once that changed hands, and they made all kinds of changes to it. Killed the show. The Producer was assuring us that the ratings were better than ever! Never seen such success! Canceled a week later.

The point is. They LIE.

If the players, the employees themselves, think it’s been a failure, then it’s reputation will be part of the reason it dies even faster. So, everything always has to be fine and dandy.

But sure. 8 min queues. Players playing 3 games a night instead of 10. No actual improvement in game quality. Worse matchmaking than ever. So few players they’re having to stretch for bronze players in a gold game? Never seen that in 4 years. “The response has been extremely positive!” takes a look around the forums

Yeeeeeah, right.

7 Likes

The DPS waits are long, cause the game has 8/16/7 for heroes yet forces 2/2/2.

Fixed it for ya.

The only major issue with role q is the dps q times which are ridiculous. If they decide to fix that then it will be complete

The system itself is much better than the previous one

• all roles not countering other teams picks on purpose (effectively soft throwing) knowingly or not.
  • throwing, of course
  • general bad matchmaking, as it has been for YEARS
  • not being punished for one tricking, and now enabling one tricking.
  • no voice comms required or needed due to roleq
  • toxicity has increased to the point that its now normal, and now nobody joins voice chat due to it.
1 Like