Role Queue in Practice Vs Ai? Why?

Why is there Role Queue for Practice vs ai? I get the reason in Comp and Qp But In vs ai, Team comp doesn’t matter because the ai is so bad (don’t believe me open the car map in oasis, the ai will walk into the cars). With 1000+ Hours Of Ai, and quiet some experience in all 3 difficulty modes, I can safely say that in hard ai, a meme comp such as 6 healers or 5 dps, 1 healer or even 4 dps, 1 tank, 1 healer can beat Hard ai. All three modes, the bots have ai pathing that makes it predictable, only difference is the damage that the bots produced. I get that We should be emulating the main modes (Comp, Qp) but I feel like Ai should be a mode where we should be free to play any hero/roles without having to be locked in a specific role. Queue times at least for me is already bad enough being 3-10 Minutes in Easy Ai during Peak Hours, I do not need a half an hour queues because there is no one playing tank.

13 Likes

It’s a bug. They are fixing it

5 Likes

With 1000+ Hours Of Ai

… but why tho

22 Likes

Headshot training.

2 Likes

Sometimes I enjoy playing the game with no pressure. Quick Play and Comp can get stressful You know? Plus this is the only Pve mode In game year round. The good pve modes such as retribution or Junkenstien are twice a year D:

10 Likes

Agreed. With how long all of this was on the PTR we should not be seeing so many bugs in this, too.

Oh Okay! Thanks for the info!

It’s nice to just play the game with no stress

2 Likes

People still pick “Practice vs AI” in [THE CURRENT YEAR]?

Jesus Christ, I can’t believe people like you exist. “Quick play … stressful.” You might want to stick with tic tac toe, kid. Watch out for those “X’s” though, they’re pretty stressful too :wink:

2 Likes

Might surprise people here but vs ai has a lot of players. I find games quicker on there than qp, arcade or comp.

I really hope this is a bug because I often play ai to practice aiming or just fun in general and this would severely limit the mode.

9 Likes

I can’t even run minesweeper at 12 fps what makes you think I can run tic tak toe

3 Likes

Oof so many bot playing shamers jez.

This 1550 hour bot player here must be crucified then. As if chilling w/ friend is a crime.

6 Likes

lmao what? Get a life, dude. Stress is subjective.

1 Like

What’s wrong with playing a training mode? He didn’t say he only plays ai he just says that he prefers ai because of how stressful some games can be and I agree. I’m sorry if you find enjoyment from stun, hack, stun, stun, hack, freeze, stun, stun, stun and spend the whole game walking out of spawn. He spent his $40 on this game and he’s choosing what he does with his spare time. Is that a crime? Is he making a forum post begging people to play ai? No. He was confused on why there is role lock in a practice against bots, that’s all. I can’t believe people like you who critique players for playing a mode they enjoy more than others exist.

13 Likes

Amen Brother. There is so much CC I can handle. Sure I can play a different game but I would rather grind for max boarder and have fun doing it then to just get pounded with so much CC. Thanks for da support :heart:

1 Like

There’s always been an AI community. Hate on us all you want.

I feel like role queue made it more challenging, since no one knows how to play tank. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s the link to them saying it will be fixed in AI:

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s good to know it will be fixed.

1 Like

Thank you o mighty Crocodile for blessing this forum post for the knowledge of the other forum posts.

1 Like

Question becomes, is this being removed because it was never meant for this mode or is it just being removed now because it’s meant to be here September 1st?

2 Likes