Role Queue for Quick Play? Bad decision

i’m grateful for this change, because i can now practice DPS with proper team comps.

you have no idea how relieved i am about this

i don’t have to play ranked anymore…

Then go ahead and play quick play classic and leave us alone. Or should i say…6v6 deathmatch because it’s a dps mains no mans land.
Role queue is the best thing to happen to this game. DEAL WITH IT.

2 Likes

“Leave us alone.” Funny. I wasn’t not leaving you alone. You chose to interact with this thread. :slight_smile:

You’re entitled to your opinion, and I’m entitled to mine. To quote you, “deal with it.” :slight_smile:

Overwatch been a shameful product ever since Ana release and focus OWL. What came after was it’s own downfall not only from the community, but also developers themselves.

The fact you called it a “structured game” is hilarious. Taking 3 years to come up with role queue does not make it a structured game. It means they lost sight on their own product trying to grasp for whatever ideas to bring back consumers. Role queue with this balancing of heroes is not going to bring back players.

"structured game" :laughing:

2 Likes

Trying to play atm. All I can say is that I dislike RQ very much.
It should be renamed to Slow Play.

Screen-Shot-19-09-14-12-22-01-000

4 Likes

“It should not replace normal quick play.”
SORRY for wanting to have a good quick play match without excessive terrible dps players. The fact you want role queue gone completely in quick play is why i told you to “leave us alone.” If you wanna play your terrible quick play classic, go in there and don’t ruin the best thing that’s ever happened to this game. You get arcade loot boxes for playing that filth of a game mode, so be grateful they even kept it in in the first place.

And if you’ll read, I said clearly that this mode should be an option for people like you who want it. See, I want you to have that freedom. See how that works? :slight_smile:

Ah. I disagree with you, and therefore I should “leave [you] alone.” Interesting. That’s not how civil discussions work, I’m afraid. No one is not leaving you alone. You chose to be here. Your opinion is valid. Mine is as well.

2 Likes

So it’s okay for pro-222 people to be in the arcade and that’s true choice and freedom. But if anti-222 people’s mode of choice is in the arcade that’s bad, and forced, etc.

You kinda need all 3 roles.
Role Q provides you at least witj 2 players of each.

Other than *no u go tank, no u, no u, no u… *

I never said the games are better/worse

Unless your tank is Hog played by DPS player :joy:
And 2nd tank is Diva picked by DPS player only because she is cute.

Yeah but I don’t feel like I’m the Ahole for not flexing to tank, its the guy who qued as tank.

Countless times I qued, with the intention to find my true skill lvl on My selection.
Just to hear stop throwing, swap, useless, I’m already dps swap, etc

Current role Q is definitely not the final design of ow imho. But might be a good step foreward.

Especially, since you can’t just go zen (worst zen eu) and suddenly swap to mccree and get 70 hs… (actually best mccree eu)

I play like 3 heroes to high plat, the rest probably gold or lower…

Its imho a first little baby step

Don’t you think it sucks they had to dumb down the game for role queue? Sure it has its perks, but three years to think of this concept? Not impressive indeed.

1 Like

Complaining about an optional mode should be a shameful offense and yet here we are.

QPC exists. People complain even when they get what they wanted.

you need all 3 roles? wow

is that why in OWL everyone was running 3/3 every match?

2 Likes

QPC has 10 minute queue times too… probably because blizzard hid it in the arcade menu… and because OW has 500 different game modes

there’s literally no way to quickly get into a match anymore in OW… the only thing available is FFA DM… but every other day they have “Mystery FFA DM” which is terrible

if you just want to play a quick match with objectives, there’s no way… enjoy waiting 10 minutes in a queue when players would’ve flexed roles before with 0 minute queue times

pure stupidity from blizzard

1 Like

I have to agree, this change is embarrassing but its the community who should be ashamed. It’s not Blizzards fault every other match was plagued with 3-5 dps instalocks that would refuse to change because “It’s just QP lol”.

1 Like

who cares if your team has 5 DPS instalocks? your opposing team is just as likely to have it… and as for ranked, the same thing applies… and you only get those stupid comps rarely… unless you’re in a really low SR

i’d take stupid imbalanced comps with 0 minute queue times over 10 minute queue times every match… it’s ridiculous

i log into OW to play the game… not sit in a queue for 10-40 minutes… the people who put this in the game are complete morons… there are so many alternatives they could have implemented that didn’t have the long queue times… pure stupidity

2 Likes

It’s actually not empty at all, I can get a match in less than a minute. While new quick play takes five or more minutes for average 10 minute game. Nothing about it is quick at all.
Truthfully its pretty pathetic imo, they should of just made a new mode named unranked.

1 Like

How is hard to do an extra click and go qp classic into arcade?

No, qp role is the best update till now.

Well… You need the roles.
Except dps as sad as it sounds…

And blizzard refuses to implement actual supportive dps heroes, or dps heroea capable of tanking.

While both tanks and support can both deal a decent ammount of dmg.
Sure not as high as dps heroes, but luckily they dont, as this would really be ridiculous.

But in al honesty, thanks to role Q, they can now release crazy tanks and support and not fear that pro’s just stack tanks and healer.

Same for dps, they can basically add more flanker, sniper, high dmg aka bastion and still keep it overall restricted.

Therefore I say role Q is only great for future heroes.

Its both great and bad, yes I too miss the fast ques we all had before, and the freedom to base our picks on the map.