šŸ˜€ Role Que is Amazing! Thank you!

Lmao I thought the title of this post was satire

1 Like

Why is it that every pro-role queue person that is glad to have a ā€œreliable formatā€ pretends LFG didnā€™t exist and do exactly what they wanted?

8 Likes

The forums have drought weeks now. Things pick up again when thereā€™s change to discuss.

Iā€™m this kind player: I like play widowmaker, if my team can allow me pick her and winning I wonā€™t change character. But If my team is losing Iā€™ll change my pick to some other support hero.

Role que make me canā€™t win like that. It ask me to pick the highest win rate hero that I donā€™t liked to play, or send me over strong competitor to punishment I pick hero I liked but not good at.

No, role que just make 5% play-for-win only player happy. For casual gamer and newbie, it is a disaster.

It really is fun waiting in line for 10 minutes to get a match. I just LOVE waiting in line for a Ride at the amusement park. The ride is 2 minutes, the line is 10ā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The QPC people generally all agree that Role Q is bad in some way.

Towards the games death :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This makes me remember when people used to complain about how the newly-implemented 1-hero limit was going to ruin the game by stifling creativity. They eventually got over themselves and stopped whining. No doubt this will be the same for Role Queue- we just will have to wait for the community to get over it as people learn to either adjust or move on.

Indeed, as Overwatch 2 is on the horizon, we will one day be forced to upgrade, whether we want to or not. (:tada: ) At least we are being given the option to decide if we want to pay for the additional PVE content and new baseline skins! :smile:

2 Likes

Moving on seems to be the most common outcome, and it seems quite a bit have been leaving. This is, if you couldnā€™t tell, not good in any way for the game.

3 Likes

Reduced queue times for DPS isnā€™t a good thing?

Bold, and wrong, of you to assume only DPS are leaving/have left

3 Likes

People come and go all the time, there is nothing groundbreaking about that.

Who else would?

Queue for Tank and Support is not bad

Sure, but not as much as this.

Bold, and wrong, of you to assume that queue times are the only thing wrong with Role Q

3 Likes

Glad you like it, itā€™s killed the game for many.

7 Likes

Bold of you to make assumptions about my experience

The only thing I am assuming is the extent of your knowledge

The Queue times show that the player base isnā€™t split like this.

But I do agree, the reliable format is nice. Role Queue has greatly improved the quality of the gameplay since its inception, but has made the game itself somewhat more of a less active experience because of it. There are balance changes that could make the experience better.

I think 1/3/2 just makes sense. The only real argument Iā€™ve heard from people against it is that they would feel a much higher anxiety on the Tank role if it was given so much attention. I donā€™t give merit to cowardice, however. Especially on a Team game.

Iā€™d gladly play more tanks if they properly made them Beasts. I like that theyā€™re making Rein faster - and a therefor a better brawler, but I donā€™t like that Orisa is just getting a counter buff to his play-style. Her bunker play style should be reinforced to make her able to break shield quicker, rather than making her more like Rein to where they can both either close the gap team fights or peel for their team - MUCH quicker In this next patch. A second or two less in threatened space is huge in these scenarios.

nowhere nearly as long as they have been since 222 was added

2 Likes

People always like to claim how much queue times increased. But that is only partially true. Thanks to Role queue, Queue times have increased for some people and decreased for others. As a tank/support main, my queues can be fairly instantaneous, and I almost never have to wait for more than 30 seconds unless I either pick DPS or I start grouping with people who pick DPS. Since I have next to no interest in playing DPS, and since I like having balanced teams to enable me to play my favorite roles properly, the addition of Role Queue has been a blessing.

1 Like

dps players constitute two thirds or more of the playerbase

so queue times have drastically increased for the vast majority of players

3 Likes