Role Que has ruined overwatch

I can’t be alone in this (flex 24/7). I tried to give RQ a fair shake, but once I realized that Moira’s heal output is way lower than her damage output (after waiting in queue for 4+ minutes, having a leaver and then waiting 8+ minutes) and in general tried to do well with Mercy and failed (and I believe Mercy mains will agree) I simply uninstalled the game.
There’s just no point because the supports do not (and cannot) fulfill their role, the tanks are rare and generally incompetent (berating their team after dying solo) and everyone’s a wannabe DPS carry. The game is not designed or balanced for this at all - and neither is the community.

2 Likes

First like: DPS!!11!!!1111!! GO! TANK! DPS MAINS RUIN THE GAME!
Now: Role Q ruined the game! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I don’t understand I thought if the role queue game mode was the better one the players would flock there and the non role queue would only be people who dislike role queue which many people have said is a smaller number of players so like why would you or anyone else want people who don’t want to or care playing in your game mode and since queue times don’t matter its all about match quality adding a new mode would solve all problems for all players.

Everyone is playing with players they want and everyone gets the game they want.

Unless people do care about queue times and would sacrifice match quality to just auto queue up.

1 Like

And all the tanks and healers are on RQ, leaving QPC as an example of what we left behind. Fun alone, if you don’t really care about wins or losses and want to practice aiming against real people, but not really much else.

But none of the DPS in queue are playing there, creating massive queues. It’s almost as if they all want to have tanks and healers protecting them, but don’t want to actually do any of that.

1 Like

Every game before rolequeue was 3 DPS, 1 DPS main on tank, 1 DPS main on Support, and 1 support/tank main. And that was the best outcome that you could reasonably hope for.

I am not going back to that horror. Game consistency is at an all-time high, we’re not getting stupid blow-outs as often just because the enemy team rolled a more balanced comp, and I get the comfort of choosing my role pre-match.

Until burst characters get drilled into the ground, like any character who puts too much reward purely on mechanical skill should, Role-Queue is the way forward.

4 Likes

I can say that role queue ruined Overwatch for me because that was the change that made me quit.

I’m sticking around mostly for forum drama. But even drama is weak after role queue settled. It’s like people gave up on complaining, which is usually not a good sign. People complain when they care.

5 Likes

This would be the case before role queue.
With role-based SR though… nope.

I liked the game better without role Q but as people were selfish and unwilling to remove their instalock on a dps, here we are.

2 Likes

Just remove it from QuickPlay.
Simple and should be easy to fix, or add a Unrank Comp with RQ for those who like QP and Comp but dont wanna worry about ranks. Better Practice zone, and QP will be for us Casuals

1 Like

Quickplay classic is in the arcade.

4 Likes

Then balance GOATS meta before we talk

you’re an idiot. go play call of duty

2 Likes

No it didn’t. It saved the game tbh. We’d be in a quad tank meta right now if roll queue never happened, and your regular games still wouldn’t have anyone playing support. Get a group to play with and quit complaining. If you dont want to get a group, go play a stupid battle royale or something.

Sorry OP it is quite the opposite for me.

Nothing is more frustrating than having 5 or 6 dps in a match with stubborn teammates that won’t switch to a proper team comp.

The best thing to ever happen to overwatch was force all those babies to chose hero in each role, yes FORCE them.

The playerbase is immature and stubborn that i feel like good riddance to life without role queue. It feels luxurious now having proper team comps.

1 Like

Thou speaketh thy truth

1 Like

That rarely happened in competitive though.

That was QP.

I put hundreds of hours into competitive on many accounts, and rarely did I ever get 4-5 DPS

2 Likes

It has it’s flaws but overall it’s a net positive at least for me.

It’s not that the idea is wrong it’s just the role queue times are what’s hurting it and that’s what Blizzard has to figure out somehow.

Because being able to play the role you want and knowing you’re going to be in a balanced team is great.

Being mainly a support and tank person I hated when I wanted to play DPS for a change of pace feeling like I needed to switch to support or tank just so the team had a chance because no one else was filling those roles.

Now I can queue up DPS when I want to play DPS and not having to worry about swapping over to another role because it’s covered by people that usually want to play that role.

2 Likes

I strongly disagree with that. It would be 2-3 tanks, one person to deal with Mei regardless of role, and the rest powerful healers.

Really? What rank? I definitely had a good number of 4-5 DPS, but I was around the border between silver and gold at the time.

To op:

I too feel that 222 has made this game a lot less fun to pkay, and I too hope they restore the pre222 versions of comp and qp

1 Like