Role / Open Challenger Titles

Hi, gonna keep this short:

I was wondering why I have not seen any ‘Open Challenger’ titles this season 4. And today I happened to view the profile of a “T500 ROLE Challenger” who is currently using the title.

Since season 1, this player has not even been in grandmaster nor t500 on any of his roles. However for open queue, he has peaked t500 before, but ended each season in master.

I suspect that because the profile stats system currently tracks open queue as ‘Combined’ (if you look at your profile), it is treating this ‘Combined’ as a role and thus awarding the role title instead of the ‘open’ title.

Not knocking on this player btw, he’s just using what was given. But I thought it was a good indicator of what’s happening.

TL;DR Open queue titles not being awarded, instead getting role titles perhaps because system views ‘combined’ as a role.

1 Like

That’s quite odd. A Top 500 Combined player title does not exist at the moment, so your theory does seem to be supported. I’ve included your post in my megathread under: Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 3). Any help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads would be greatly appreciated.