Role Limits in Quick Play

Role queue is coming to quick play on September 1st. Until then they are testing role queue in comp for an abbreviated beta season.

I agree with this whole-heartedly. Put in the full implementation instead of this strangely botched “first come first serve” business; Role Queue on the PTR was some of the most fun I’ve had with this game in a long while! I’m very eager to finally see this through.

1 Like

I highly doubt this will cause more people to join than quit. The people who want to play this game are already playing it.

I obviously don’t know how they will be calibrating the overall ladder, but for Overwatch, the win/loss ratio of each player generally contributes to their skill rating (its more complicated than that, but that is the key factor). What I am getting at is how whey look at the overall performance of the community and hopefully will be able to spread out the rank bubble a bit. Again, as a player I don’t have details to what they are looking for, but I do encourage the more that is played in this role queue beta season, the more likely we will have a better matchmaking experience when season 18 begins.

1 Like

Please put quickplay with role queue now and launch the classic quickplay in the arcade or put quickplay as it was before. It is awful to play now as it is a race to select heroes and then u can’t choose what you want to play…

1 Like

Hey folks, we’re rolling out a server side bug fix now to all regions and platforms which will remove the unintended role limits from Quick Play.

As Molly mentioned above, Role Queue will be fully available in Quick Play beginning on September 1.

Cheers!

8 Likes

Obviously, no game client update for something like this correct? They should just see it in their next queued game right (once it goes live)?

Edit: Sounds like in other threads it just happened live. No update needed.

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Yea, I don’t understand why we have to wait until Sept 1st for Quickplay for Role Queue. Competitive getting this beta season makes sense, people don’t want to jump right in and risk getting ranks messed up.

But Quickplay is just…quickplay, turn it fully on and let it go. There are people who exclusively play it and hate competitive (like not wanting to be in voice chat). Don’t tell them to play beta comp for role queue

6 Likes

They say it will be available like we all want it.

Yeah, I’m still having stability issues due to my RTX card and I have issues with my housemates hogging all the bandwidth. You don’t want me to have to go to comp.

Also, I don’t really like comp, I don’t want to play a perfect meta composition every game forever.

QP Classic permanent in arcade after 9/1 or not?

1 Like

This by far THE WORST thing for QP. You put 2-2-2 /role queue for ranked, ok I understand, because it’s serious. But for QP seriously? QP was the best thing I had to play “semi-seriously” without the stress of ranked. I can switch roles the way I want following how the match goes, and now I can’t anymore. You should really think about that, or either make “role QP” option, because many ppl actually don’t like the forced 2-2-2, either here (as I saw in many comments), or on EU forums, or on many social networks. Good luck with the mess, you’re going to need it.

3 Likes

Seriously. Just had the most fun 2 hours of QP in years. and you have to change it… gg blizz

3 Likes

or we could look at qp as the way people learn to play the game… they already said classic qp will be a thing.

1 Like

Because it’s not working as expected and needs to be fixed. A “first come first serve” 222 is actually worse than the status quo

1 Like

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/854/vader_NOOOO.jpg

9 Likes

Thats exactly how it was on the ptr, and will be when it’s released.

Guess I’ll be back in September. I was actually enjoying 2-2-2 in QP.

3 Likes

My guess is it will be based on popularity. If its not as popular, they will put it into rotation. I’m just speculating because mystery heroes is permanent due to its popularity.

Hi there! The issues causing role limits to be placed on Quick Play today have been resolved. Reminder: Role Queue will be enabled for Quick Play on September 1st. Full details here: Introducing Role Queue - News - Overwatch

3 Likes