Roadhog's combo confuses me

New combo is:

Alt fire + Hook + w + shoot + melee

That should guarantee a kill unless its someone with an abysmally small hitbox

Basically good luck killing a tracer as roadhog especially due to the rmb nerf.

hook almost always detaches from her, and even if it doesnt she doesnt get one shot half the time by the combo.

RMB and LMB was also buffed, falloff increased from 10-20m to 15-30m

on ptr, and we dont know if that will still go through.

plus, still gl

When does stuff in the ptr not come to live?

If you said never, then ding ding ding

did the roadhog rmb buff come to live? i dont think it did, which means its on ptr or will be soon.

I would make the never joke but even im too tired of it. Blizzard doesnt deserve classic jokes

The rmb buff was just announced, should be on ptr

1 Like

thought so, thank you.

You think it’s very cheesy to get environmental kills? Not sure I get that one…

OTOH, considering he’s what, 500 HP, and you want a consistent one shot kill on squishies… I mean come on, he should work for it a bit… and it should be a bit inconsistent for balance.

What’s up with this spreading of misinformation?

His RMB did NOT get buffed. His RMB got nerfed. They added fall-off to it which is a nerf as he can’t bust shields from somewhat of a distance anymore.

They ‘buffed’ his LMB by reducing fall-off from 10-20m to 15-30m, it’s completely useless and redundant because the spread is ridiculous at those distances. You never use LMB at those distances. It will do nothing about the combo or improve his damage.
They did however do a change to all shotguns that should improve his damage when headshots but so far I’ve haven’t really noticed it but that range is being completely in someones face which again makes the previous ‘buff’ redundant…

Also, it’s not on the PTR, it’s already Live.

It got nerfed but then it got buffed later

The 2nd change is what im talking about

I was specifically talking about that change that is still a buff, the context arround it doesnt change the fact that it is a buff

Are you referring to this?

It’s what I am talking about too, it’s already Live.

Ye,i linked that above

That applies to RMB too.

But RMB didn’t used to have fall-off at all. So by adding it, it’s still a nerf.

But the distance will be measured from the place where rclick bursts.
So you have 15 metres of full damage pellets.

And, as you said, after that the spread is too big to be useful anyways.

He fallof thamage of RMB applies after 15-30 meters after scrapball explosion.

So, it is completely redundant at these distances too because of spread. By the contrary, it doesnt affect RMB at hook ranges.

I want to think these changes were needed to implement the shotguns crit fixes without making roadhog a bit more powerful doung chip damage at long ranges.

The worst thing about RMB nerf is that is worse to break barriers at long range. But that was very circunstanciañ. I prefer to pay this price to do consistent damage at hook range.

The practice range bots exaggerate consistancy. The devs clearly DON’T want the combo to be consistent so he can’t flank anymore.

Speaking as a Roadhog One-Trick who played Hog throughout every single iteration, he does NOT need more damage.

To clarify, Blizzard has NOTHING WRONG with One-Shots or Combos. Roadhog does not have a One-Shot except for his alternate-fire, even a Hook+Primary is a combo.

They have a problem with easy one-shots.

Roadhog 1.0 had so much damage (300 to 400) that you could even destroy TANKS. Which was completely unfair.

Not only that, but Roadhog 1.0’s interactions with Favor-The-Shooter caused a lot of issues such as people being dragged through walls and floors.

See: BazzaGazza’s old videos :pig::chains::us:

Roadhog’s hook was changed to make it more fair so it has LOS restrictions and the like. Unfortunately, Hook 2.0 created an EXTREMELY terrible and inconsistent Chain Hook. Every iteration since then has caused it be even less reliable, up until the most-recent one (and even then his hook randomly breaking exists -still- in certain conditions).

Roadhog’s inconsistency is in the fact that, his only utility is his Chain Hook. However, the bugs with Chain Hook for 90% of Roadhog’s lifespan outside of 1.0 means that it was completely and utterly unreliable.

So Roadhogs had to rely on their aim, but Roadhog is a shotgun based hero.
Like with most shotgun heroes, they have an extremely small range- not due to damage- but due to spread.

Roadhog’s primary fire does NOT have a center pellet guaranteed, meaning you can be aiming directly at a target and NOT hit them because of your RNG spread and the lack of a center pellet (most obvious on small targets like Tracer or Sym turrets from a range of 5m+ ).

Not only that, but Roadhog’s Primary Fire struggles with an inhumane spread.

It is literally

TWICE

the size of the maximum-sized crosshair, at around 3m to 5m. That is ABSOLUTELY insane.

Of course, with his Chain Hook- that was negated. But again, due to how buggy it was/is, he had terrible damage output.

The only things Roadhog SERIOUSLY needs are:

1. A SMALLER, FIXED SPREAD
  2. Bug fixes

I personally would be fine with the bug fixes taking months more, if we just got #1 quickly. I’d be very happy with that.

Roadhog is viable with the right hands, but you also need to be extremely lucky.

Blizzard is trying to improve his falloff and chain-hook, but it doesn’t matter how great his falloff damage is if he misses over 45% of his pellets on a target CLOSER than 5m.