Roadhog - So glad

I’m so glad people have started talking about this character that didn’t get redesigned coming into Overwatch 2.

This man has:

• The tank passive
  • 1300 Effective HP
  • Free one shot (They removed one shot from Doomfist and made him a tank, but they keep a character that takes literally no mechanical skill and which is the most basic in the game)
  • They nerfed everything that kept him in check (Stuns, Anti-Heal) while being able to be mobile with his vape (He used to drink by standing still)
  • Two supports can keep him up way too easily
  • Suzu to remove anything that made him bad

We have a tank that can one shot while being excessively tanky, when they removed the one shot potential Doomfist that is actually hard to play (I agree with the nerf don’t get me wrong).

I’m so glad I’m hearing so much complaints about him right now. Roadhog players can play like trash and still bring value to the team. Roadhog is the Brig of Overwatch 2 and if you’re playing him you’re going to drop ranks just like when Brig players went from Gold to GM back to Gold once she got nerfed too late.

Let’s just hope this time around, they don’t wait too long to make him balanced. Balancing him doesn’t mean taking away his tankiness. Balancing him means removing the easy to use one shot combo or balance him around removing his hook ability.

45 Likes

i can turn my brain off playing roadhog and do more value than the dps

33 Likes

I’ve been talking about him for about a year at this point, even at the end of overwatch 1 it was ridiculously easy to get value out of him. Landing hook only takes about an average skill to land consistently so it’s just so damn easy to play him and essentially hard carry the match.

2 Likes

I believe Roadhog in Overwatch 1 was fine because you had so much to deal with him. Stuns, a faster sleep, a better anti-heal. The problem is the fact that he became insanely tanky while keeping a kit that isn’t really made for OW 2

3 Likes

The amount of threat that the mere presence a Roadhog generates is just absurd for how tank he is. At least with Widow, you can flank their blind spots and since they’re usually so far behind support, they often can’t get help in time. Roadhog? You obviously can’t just flank since he’s a tank, so you have to duel him, but there are supports backing him up, since now Suzu entirely negates the things that were counters to him: CC and nade. So now you need to kill the supports first, but now the Roadhog has caught you in their backline alone and threw a hook at you in order to protect the support, so now you’re dead. The only true counterplay to a Roadhog is another Roadhog.

2 Likes

Remember when people said Zarya & Hog would be awful Tanks in OW2 without a 2nd tank?

Haha me too

6 Likes

If Roadhog is a problem to you, it’s a skill issue.

6 Likes

I love roadhog I just wish there was more to his kit and more skill expression playing him. Sure you can get some crazy prediction hooks, but besides that you just spam m2 and poke shields or enemies while fishing for oneshots. Get your ult and solo kill their tank for a free fight win not very exciting.

1 Like

Every hero takes skill lol

1 Like

I used to enjoy Arcade modes from time to time when I felt like goofing around and doing something different in Overwatch.

When the mere presence of a hero ruins several game modes it’s no a “you” problem or a “skill issue” anymore, it’s a design flaw.

Just my opinion.

7 Likes

i literally had 36 elims, 40-50% of that was hook kill combos, and i had a very good hook accuracy. all because i pulled in position people, to out of position by being right infront of me

this hero is god stupid

6 Likes

The game isn’t balanced around arcade mode.

2 Likes

I mean, if he’s doing really well in OW2, then how do you justify that statement?

3 Likes

First of allthe game is meant to play the way comp and quickplay is set up, the arcade modes are just to mess around so yes some heroes are going to be crazy in those mides please tell me you dont expect the devs to rebalance every single hero for every arcade mode

1 Like

I also want one shots gone from dps then.

4 Likes

Tomorrow it will be a different topic to whine about. Seems to be 1 - 2 day trends and then switch and cycle.

Idk i’ve made Roadhog’s quiver with Reaper, many Roadhogs lack the actual knowledge of how to one shot 250 hp heroes effectively, plus, Wraith can bait out Hook, which is kinda what Roadhog’s first do when they see you.

well at least he isnt in EVERY game like at the end of overwatch 1. i swear in the last 2 weeks of old overwatch i was seeing him as an offtank in every freakin game. i mean he is still strong in overwatch 2 and im seeing him way more than the betas and season 1 but not EVERY game.

i think the reason for his scarcity in season 1 was because everyone was playing overpowered zarya

as for death match and ffa you can never fix him there i guess unless they gut him. i dont want him to be useless either

If you want to nerf Hog look at his self-heal not one shot combo. Touch hook and you can rework the guy entirely, because he will be utterly useless without it. And I don’t think one shot from Hog is the annoying part about him, it’s always the fact that he can take so much beating and shrug it off.

2 Likes

Roadhog is not overpowered, he just makes you feel bad because he hooked you and you know you screwed up.

1 Like