Roadhog ow2 nerf ideas

We all know roadhog is op due to how easy and effective he is. He has a ton of health sustain and damage. I have heard a lot if ppl say make hin stationary when using take a breather and i disagree here is my suggestions for hog.

Take a breather heal is reduced to 300 dr is decreased to 30%. 20% less movement speed using take a breather.

Hook decreased the range from whatever it is looks to be around 21m to 17m.

Decrease hook hitbox so he cannot hook through walls.

Health reduced to 650

I think these changes will keep hog effective as he will still feel tanky and have his 1 shot however unlike before he is more punishable as he is slower and he is a lot less tanky using take a breather. His 1 shot would also be a lot harder to hit and lowering hook range should mean hog will be out in the open where he can be shot down.

Making hog stationary when healing is just to much of a nerf i mean for what i said the numbers can always change.

His cooldowns are not bad and have decent downtime and hog is practically useless when he cant self heal or have his hook. I don’t think they need changes at all.

Say what u think for my idea of a hog nerf

1 Like

Rework the entire hero because a tank solely designed around a one shot always has been, is now, and always will be a horrid design decision.

7 Likes

speak for yourself, not all the forums.

the damage is the same as ow1, but pop off.

he’s literally a punching bag, so let’s hear it.

it’s fine except the slow. He’s slow enough.

no. Range has always been the same, 20 meters. Nothing’s changed.

he can’t lmao. What are you on?

if you’re asking for slow, dmg reduction, less heal +this, this is a dumpster hero.

He won’t be effective. You’ve sombraED them.

and what you’ve said isn’t?

Common hog hater overnerf.

4 Likes

I’m deceased. Everyone is a hog hater, the hero was designed by a toddler, FOR toddlers.

4 Likes

I actually said to not make him stationary and his hook from testing is 21m im updating it now

im pretty sure everyone is fed up with hog at this point

so I think he does speak for most, if not all, people

2 Likes

Thank you and im actually trying to make it a suggestion so hog doesn’t become useless

I know, I was agreeing, sorry I didn’t make it clear.

I don’t enjoy hog, but I don’t hate the kid. He only got a 100 hp buff and 50 more hp for breather to even it out, just like ow1, he’s almost the same. (I’m not counting ult cause that’s not a CD.)

I dont hate hog and some ppl are saying to make his take a breather make hog unable to move. Im against that.

The reason im suggesting this is is so blizzard if they see it get an idea on how to nerf him. I am fine with hog but majority of ow2 are not.

It is a fact take a breather allows hog to take a lot of dmg. 30% dr is still strong and he recovers still nearly half his health this just makes him more punishable but its better than a heal nerf and what some ppl have suggested

thats the thing

In the last months of ow1 he was…honestly ruining the fun

but then in ow2 as the only tank he wasnt played as much, but then kiriko teleported in and took out his only weakness

but hog’s fundamental issues as a tank will still persist, even if kiriko is nerfed

Well actually you should count that, since now he cant be stunned while ulting, and can even hook and heal while using it as well

Yeah, that’s part of the survivability, you forget he has one of the biggest hit boxees. The slow makes him like he’s in rammatra E and Soj E. He’s slow enough. nefing dmg reduction while healing is fine, but combined with slow makes him extra ult charge.

I’d be okay with one or the other, but what the default is right now is making him a perma ult battery. Hook length should be buffed if anything if this goes through, otherwise hog is useless. We’ve already seen that with sombra and brig, it isn’t good.

Well with one tank, he deserves to have some way to live it, otherwise it’s a get yourself unalived switch.

Ill think of something else one sec

1 Like

Huh… you can’t just ignore an ult buff…

Also yea he’s gonna dominate. No shields, less stuns. This is exactly what happened in ow1.

its actually called play smart and have risk/reward scenario

I did adress it, I posted here.

hm…I don’t think so. In ow1, you had to go behind a wall and shoot the floor or wall until it was over, on open maps without that as an option, you’d more than likely be murdered and now that there’s only one tank that surely loses you the teamfight. I think that’s reasonable.

I removed the slow but if the nerf to the heal and dr is not enough that slow should be fine its not as much but still something.

Overall there is no slow unless this change is not enough

I think either a reduction of heal from 350–> 300 and dmg reduction reduced from 50–> 35% is what’s going to happen. This and maybe a health reduction ranging anywhere between 50-100 of his total hp.

Yeah tbf thats practically what i have said i do think hook will be nerfed some way though