Rigged. Yes, it's Rigged

Correct mind set is - I have been put against difficult team mates and I should give my maximum to defeat them. Roflstomp wins is no measure of how good I play nor it’s roflstomp lost.

System cannot overwork. System can or cannot work as intended. If what you say is actually true, that would mean that you have no control over your play and that is not true as much as it’s not true that you have no control over your life.

2 Likes

People already know that. Guess what’s been happening for a while now.
I think Blizzard generally has a problem with publishing verifiable data.
Almost everything that happens in Blizzard games is completely obscure.

This is absolutely no problem, the games are great. However, these games should not have the privilege to be categorized in e-sports.

2 Likes

Not play per se, but it would mean you have no control over outcome. And that is very much the case: So so so many games are straight up unwinnable/unloseable.

1 Like

Yeah hundreds of people who like to blame anything but them. Its like in real life, majority people will try to blame others instead of saying “its me who suck”.

Its you and these hundreds who never showed any kind of proof of that. And there is plenty climbing runs proving you and others with same theory as you wrong.

3 Likes
  1. Anything can be an esport, especially when you pony up the money to create an entire league. No privilege required.
  2. Everything in the esports side of things is verifiable and public. You can watch the brackets, the games (from literally every viewpoint) and there is no internal mechanic like MMR driving matchmaking or anything else.

The system is not rigged to keep certain people down. The only thing keeping people down is their belief in tinfoil conspiracy theories and their tendency to blame everything that isn’t themselves.

4 Likes

I almost typed this in all caps because im actually mad you are so closed minded and blind.

Why the hell do you always think YOU are the “hot” player? You arent! These are actual delusions!

You are not good enough to rank up if you were you would be a higher rank. ANYONE THAT ISNT YOU that is a higher rank would play any of your accounts right into their HIGHER correct sr.

Why the hell would this system care of kapoof/zelda/keanu is silver? gold? plat? diamond? ect? why ?!?!?!?!? There is something actually flawed in your brain man!

7 Likes

He gave examples where his teammates are throwing. He, meanwhile, is not. A non-thrower has more value and is trying harder than a thrower.

Did this seriously need to be spelled out?

6 Likes

As if this is his first topic. Its been literally years. If someone cant rank up for literally YEARS its not the game. Its not a game with throwers. Its not. At what point does a person take responsibility for thier own sr? Never? Do you never have to actually have the thought in your mind “Gee i cant get out of gold i must be gold”. Nope op thinks …geee i cant get out of gold i must be plat/diamond border player??? How actually asinine is that?

6 Likes

Well that’s what I meant. If you think you have no control over your play, that means you have no control over outcome and that is far from true.

Yes, there are games that you cannot win and you cannot lose but that is because (not) everyone is playing on the same level or understands the game on the same level. Not because system hates you and won’t allow you to progress by design.

I play DPS competitive, solo. I started this season with 1738 rating. I qualified with 5 victories. I am now at 2003 rating with season highest 2025.

EDIT: I should have said that eventually, it should feel like chess - to strategically counter the opponent. You have to be clever in your gameplay.

3 Likes

You know as well as anyone some games are completely unwinnable and some are completely unloseable. And the fair ones could really go either way. Being constantly put in unwinnable games is very demoralizing. Fair games are fun even if they’re a loss.

4 Likes

When I first saw Kapoof posting this I was mid/high plat on my main. Now I’ve hit GM 7 seasons in a row…

If they put half the amount of work into improving, than they put into trying to say the system is rigged, I’m sure they’d be able to say the same.

5 Likes

OP, this mythical Matchmaker that targets you for winning too much and finds people it somehow knows are throwers just to keep you down, is WAY more complex than the actual Matchmaker lol.

I guess blizzard should take it as a compliment that you think they coded something that intricate. And mind reading no less.

RNG is a beach. You have to put in a lot of games to ride out the highs and lows in order to climb, assuming you deserve to climb.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have known that type of history was present unless mentioned. If that’s really the case, then yeah, fair enough, total agreement, it ain’t the game :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This is not how a healthy ladder works, ma man, it is if you cant beat a team with yours of the same rank with no sidefactors, then you have a real game. And if you dont manage that the rest might be right in here. But there are other factors, kapoof has a sensable point, i checked sooo many accounts over All their ranked games played and how the heck will anyone explain most are, at over 500 hours at an almost unrealistic 50-50 rate, sometimes draws taken into account. A ranked system should define its difficulty by the ranks you come across, not the ranks and a fancy system that goes haywire. As yet again, it was stated even there is one in place, and its correct values are kept secret. Abolish it and we might start to move in a right direction. Something to consider also: league lets you start at iron as a fresh account, always, nowadays, but starts to boost you up if needed… OW puts you into gold, even plat tho you have no clue, and you need to drop from there on for quiet a long time if you are a silver player. Chances are other climbers with a bit more skill and luck even postpone this process. Why in the name of anything dont all ppl start in silver or gold at BEST to have a healthier less cluttered ladder? Hm?

2 Likes

I play Mystery Heroes a bunch and I will say that Control Point Matches feel rigged. Always 99% take overs and each team gets a round won. And the last match usually ends with 99% to 99% overtime.

These are the most exciting matches to play. I hope they continue to be rigged.

3 Likes

Yeah this is it. The absolute truth. The programming that does the things just “forgot” to execute something that was written in the code. Makes absolutely sense.

2 Likes

Hundreds of people agree that the earth is flat, yet its not. When tinfoilhat theorists agree on something (while they dont even have consensus about how matchmaker rigs the games or the details on how earth is flat) it absolutely means nothing. Tens of thousands of peaople, even more have watched bronze to GM challenges and seen how its not rigged. There is a lot of people who have alts and have seen how they end up the same rank playing enough the same style. Some ofc think that is because its rigged, but sane people understand that its just how it works. How about boosters? They would be out of jobs if the matchmaker was actually rigged, but its not so people make money that way.

Even you could prove its not true, but you probably dont have any will to even try, because you seem to focus on other things, like whining daily on forums.

4 Likes

lol.

That’s why I get gold players in my games, being at diamond?

That’s why 2 masters end up with silvers?

Or golds?

2 Likes

Sounds like a bug to me and I doubt that’s every game, but believe it’s rigged if you like. You’re sure to find loads of people here to agree with you.

2 Likes
https://clips.twitch.tv/HelpfulMoistStingrayTriHard

lol, why is he getting 3 sr for a win? He’s a GM player.

You can’t tell me it’s working as it should.

That’s not even getting into the stupid stuff that happened when role queue released. I literally got placed into gold, when I had been diamond before. Had to play all the way back up to diamond and barely gained ANYTHING AT ALL FOR WINS and if I lost, I dropped rating worth 3-4 wins. Clearly I should be in gold when I manage to pull myself to diamond from that, huh?

3 Likes