Rigged matchmaker and too hard climbing

Ranked climbing is not about how good you are but about getting better faster than everyone around you.

2 Likes

“improvise. adapt. overcome.”

1 Like

It’s about impact.

Lamp is high impact. Anti nade and sleep is high impact.

Arguably beat is high impact, but that’s an ult.

Zen get high impact if he can frag out.

But, lost count of the games where the highest healing card is on the losing team.

To carry you need to frag out or make big plays.

Just being a solid healer doesn’t cut the mustard anymore.

At least on tank you can easily secure massive damage and make big plays.

Just got stomped on Rialto. I’m gold support with 5 Silvers. Enemy has 2 gold tanks. We get ripped a new a hole.

At least if I was any good at Ana I might have been able to keep up our Rein, who either stood there doing nothing as his shield broke, or swung and died in 2 seconds.

Enemy tanks were Zarya plus Dva and Sigma plus Dva round 2. They are savvy enough to realise you just play tanks as fat dps with short range guns and frag out.

5 Likes

that’s the all difference between 99% and 1%, your post and their. But 1% make it to GM, congratulations with strong mindset and climbing! Leave pepegas and complainers behind, but don’t forget to comback on a smurf account to teach them a lesson.

facts nobody enjoys repeatedly being match vs 6 stacks with a bunch of allies that would rather tell people to die than help the team contest points.

*facts junkertown is currently disabled in ranked bcus it was forcing players to accept false leaver penalty queues which includes RANKED POINTS -thus forcing players into a torrent of abusive content as “punishment”.

facts nobody is complaining about climbing. just the current abusive state of your “there is no meta” metality/COMPLETELOACKOFTEAMWORK#SWHATISSPORTSMANSHIP

1 Like

Yes, it is rigged. It’s rigged to keep you at a 50% win/loss rate.

1 Like

don’t listen to this kid with 4k posts, mm is rigged, it’s hard to solo q climb, best bet is to 6 man if you care about climbing. Anyone tells you otherwise is either way too good at the game or full of sh

2 Likes

some details? lol on you on the Europe server? You only play at certain times?

There was one guy on here talking smack found out he was playing on Europe. Europe and asia are all different. Maybe less people? Its “different”.

Wish I was a kid…

45 years old. But getting old is better than the alternative…

Matchmaker is pretty bad to be fair, but people around about the right place, within a few hundred sr.

Just wish had fewer stomp games and more close games…

1 Like

The matchmaking system has it’s problems. I usually sit 800-1000 SR above you and have observed evenness and balance get conflagrated as the seasons have gone by.

Now there is by no doubt, many people who are unable to recognise their own mistakes and blame the system / others. This is a typicality in video games. No different to someone who shouts cheater each time they die to someone with better aim.

My gripe is the way games seem to pan out, an even win rate seems to be moderated by steam rolling -> getting steam rolled -> steam rolling -> getting steam rolled rather than more evenly matched games decided by corroborations of small factors in critical moments.

Also, I’ve been unable to explain it, but a mate I used to play with ( and cant now) hit 3700 in season 17 and now sits around 2400. Nothing seems to have changed on his end and his mains have actually moved up the meta since said time. I think some people are hit by unlucky streaks and might be a victim to the system, but I would agree that it isn’t the majority of people.

I think its impossible because of way how is game designed because stomps happens even when teams are perfectly balanced in skill.

You decide who is right or wrong based on number of posts?

I never said it isnt. I solo q most of the time.

No its not, because if you go as full stack you have less chance others will be improving like you. And you have bigger chance to face organized teams and smurfs
Your statement would be right only if you have stable 6 stack of same players eho are very serious about climbing who have coach helping them.

Present your evidence for that claim please.

Also when it is rigged, how I was able to climb then?

If you are where you belong, you skill is keeping you at 50% winrate, not the matchmaker.

Yes I play on EU server most of the time but had seasons where I did spend a lot of time on US server too where I was climbing too.

Usualy after work, at the weekends a lot or any time I want when i am not working.

I think EU has more players than US, but US has strangely more tank and support players based on my experience.

Also climbing is harder in Europe by my experience after sending a lot of time on both servers. EU has a lot less team work and players joining voice chat which complicated a lot of situations in game.

1 Like

I’d rather stomp or be stomped for days knowing my SR label was correct. MMR asks people to do the CEOs job from the janitorial closet for the sake of “close matches”. No thanks.

But your SR lable is correct I saw you playing multiple times myself.are you saying that you belong higher?

1 Like

I like to think I belong around bottom 2% but I’m currently in the bottom 1% because I save calories.

But enough about me - what about this rigged MMR and why is it in the game if not to rigg? If we don’t need it, declutter and remove it. Give people one less thing to blame.

Then you dont belong into 2% and you even explained why. Stop saving calories and you will belong in 2%.

You know I told you before about your performance. I think you can be gold if you actualy change your attitude towards comp and start taking it more seriously.

2 Likes

Still waiting for you to explain why we need mmr.

Why would anyone bother ranking up in a rigged system full of alts lol. Winning/climbing doesn’t make you better. You need to lose 1000x before you’re ready to win on demand.

1 Like

That’s not the definition of META though. That is just counter picks.

META is playing specific characters and playstyle in high tier rank for optimal successrate. Something that only really matters in Masters and above

2 Likes

It’s not rigged, you just need to get a better attitude and improve your gameplay

2 Likes

No1 is talking about their rank or climb. They wanna know why there is an MMR in the mix, affecting their gameplay (whether that means climbing or labelled rank). What purpose does mmr server except to rigg?

No1 able to answer lmao.

1 Like

Nobody is claiming that, its opposite, playing better makes you climb.

Already did it multiple times in multiple topics, even when discussing with you. I am not going to repeat that again.

You dont have to play to climb, play to be better player.

2 Likes