Rialto, King's Row, Havana PVE Wave Survival areas

Found this whole playable area in Rialto. It’s new to OW2. Looks like it’d be good for a wave survival mode.

Edit: There’s also one in King’s Row and Havana. See videos linked below.

9 Likes

This looks absolutely amazing!

Kings Row has this secret location as wll. My guess this locations are for upcoming PvE.

6 Likes

Yeah I just found that one too. I’d guess it’s winter related but the winter version doesn’t have it.

Havana also has one. It’s to the right of the distillery where the 2nd stretch takes place.

1 Like

You can also see parts of the future PvE in windows on Havana (and other maps). Here is the timecode of a French video:

1 Like

Seems like Eichenwalde has it well but not as detailed as Havana, Rialto & Kings Row

1 Like

King’s Row, Rialto and Havana

All three of them were Archives event maps

Sooo… I don’t think its story related. Just an extension for the past Archives missions.

1 Like

Mhm… no.

None of these areas were in those related game modes.

1 Like

That doesn’t mean they can adjust the missions to make them fit more to OW2. Uprising was redundant already

True - I think like the Halloween event, they may be creating a new Archives that plays on an expanded map. Maybe a storyline set in the present like in Wrath of the Bride

Beyond that, I guess it makes sense that all of the maps will be expanded for PVE (if they feature in the story) either way so this could be for something further down the line :thinking:

2 Likes

Also on Havana and King’s Row

Retribution 2: Electric Boogaloo

1 Like

That’s a good point.

All of these areas are designed for wave survival. You can tell because of the circular, directionless designs. So my bet here is that the PVE update in 2023 will introduce wave survival modes in these areas using mostly the existing enemy cast from the archives. In addition to the actual story campaign missions, of course. This answers a big question that everyone had which is replayability.

1 Like

I just found out it’s for hero mission.

Watch this interview

@1:21 you can see the cart going to where that secret location is show @ Kings Row.
@1:23 Aaron says "Hero missions can take place in all of multiplayer maps that we’ve done and we are also adding new spaces onto some of these maps (Kings Row shown).

It would be awesome if there is a horde mode. MvM is a fun mode in TF2.

Havana too:

Good find!

I’d love to eventually see one of these for Junkertown and Numbani.

Midtown too, the big blast door to the right of attacker spawn looks super suspicious.

PvE, please come soon! :pleading_face: We need you!

Man, I really want some more PvE news soon.

I guess Deep Rock Galactic will have to scratch that itch for me.