Rez...It's Still Broke: Mass Rez wasn’t the Problem

Mmm… I see it more as performance based Sr for Mercy in the context of Rez and her role is flawed.
And that cooldown rez is bad design.

Why? you like rezzing people so much?

Now you can do it even more~

incidentally I really dislike this popular belief that the main reason they spent their time reworking an entire character that could be used for many other things that would get them more money with less effort, was because some people complained on the forums

So if you have no evidence or remembrance of this post, then why try to use it as a means of showing how Mercy mains are supposedly “false flagging” posts?

That’s fair. I just get a bit peaved when assumptions are made in a format you literally can just… Scroll up for. I don’t mind discussion, or clarifying or reiterating something. I do find it odd for someone to want me to…rewrite my whole post.

Summarize is probably more key, not many people really love/care about mercy to read about the 700th person taking issue with her ya know, especially when they’re all like 3 paragraphs long

Idk why I typed that all crossed out

I don’t mind doing Rez more… Guaranteed in availability. This occurs in other games too. It just has to be well in design and not wreck other aspects.

But my issues with rez as a mechanic is not the subject of this thread and I have placed in another post. It is also long and I haven’t cleaned it up since it was posted on my phone:

I can understand that. But then why bother entering the thread at all? I don’t care for widow overall and find her balanced. I’m not going to troll the forums for anything regarding her. I think zen is great and the only buff i want is purely to address my #aesthetic of how he floats and thefore shouldn’t get caught in junkrat traps. I don’t go around looking for reasons to have a cow about it. :woman_shrugging:t5:

But the problem that you describe isn’t hero specific.
Your problem lies with people padding stats( by actually playing wrong) and getting rewarded for it, every hero can do that.

• Hog heal to pad his healing stats, isntead of letting his healers get ult charge.
  • Ana nada to boost healing even though the fight is over
  • Same with Lucio, amp to boost the amp stats
  • Reinhardt shielding trash damage, breaking his shield before the fight actually starts
  • DPS doing trash damage or getting completly mistimed kills.

I mean, I 100% agree that stat padding shouldn’t be rewarded, but making this into a Mercy thread/problem is ridiculous

voice their opinion of annoyance to seeing Mercy’s name appear in half of the latest general discussion threads

you’ll see the same in threads where people complain about widow being OP because that’s also common

but nowhere near as common as Mercy threads

Mercy is the only hero that matters when will you learn Amaro

1 Like

I think mercy had it the most obvious and the second most ridiculous. The only other hero with such a ridiculous Sr weight was sombra. Thanks thing is, sombra isn’t popular and her kit was and is like Mercy’s now in weight. That hack number and dmg number weight wasn’t as obvious same as cooldown rez is now. That’s why I made this focused on mercy. It’s about how Rez interacts with her design, and what about mass Rez vs coodown Rez affects her play both in design and constrastly to her rewards.

1 Like

The only heros I like in this game is symm , sombra and ana. Two of whom are perma trash.
I created this thread as a follow up to my other one, and both are precursors to my next one which will be about how blizzard getting away with Mercy 2.0 has hurt every single rework since and likely will continue.

But that’s a rant for another thread.

mass rez wasn’t balanced, if mercy without invul was a throw of a fight and a loss of the most important person on the team after a rez, and then if invul made her get zero counters. it’s simple as that, there’s no in between. why would you even want mass rez back? since everyone that wants it back say they should just remove invul. that would make mercy suck, imagine her 5 man rezzing or whatever and slowly burn in the new torb ult? mercy is the most important person on the team, even in her current state. leave her unattended and she’ll run away, rez or keep her teammates healed a huge amount. mass rez caused toxicity and if you actually watched the dev update you would understand jeff didn’t say they removed it cos it “was op and we suck up to dps mains” as i’ve seen many claims of. a big factor was the unhealthy behaviours it was causing in competitive voice chat. done and done. mass rez will not return, especially with OWL coming up soon. anyways with all the new ultimates and stuns in the game, mass rez would be useless cos mercy would just die straight after. but keep complaining

… this is not a thread in support of mass Rez. Your copy paste response is unwarranted. Feel free to try again if you take the time to read and give a proper response to the nature of the thread.

1 Like

how is that copy and paste lmao. do you just think anyone who makes a simple statement saying mercy doesn’t need to be reworked must be a sweaty dps main who goes to every mercy thread and writes the same thing? also i think i have the right to talk about mass rez since most of the replies to this thread literally were talking about mass rez. and guess what even your own thread literally talks about mass rez. but suddenly to silence me you’re gonna say: this thread isn’t even about mass rez. this is why i hardly ever use these crappy forums

In my opinion, Valkyrie is a far more powerful ability than any basic ability, with immense versatility to boot

Talking about mass Rez is not advocating for or against it.

Then reply to them. And in the nature of the discussion. There were a select few posts that derailed. I did my best to address them to stay on topic like I did with you.

I never said anything about dps mains. I don’t care who you main. Plenty of Mercy mains do not want mass Rez back. The assumption of your main does nothing for me.
The conclusion I got of copy paste comes from you not responding in line with the topic nor other replies. Technically, I can’t stop you from posting anything. You can post how you really like Mercy having blonde hair. It’s not in the nature of the post or thread, but I can’t stop you.

But I don’t see how asking g that you respond to a thread is out of line.

Maybe you genuinely believe you’re not supporting mass rez, but most people believe you’re trying to be shifty.

Because right in your original post, despite your tortured attempts to try and insist that you’re not advocating mass rez you still slip in this gem: “But Blizzard removing mass rez, and shifting it to cooldown rez has only led to greater problems for Mercy”.

Another day. Another spam fest.

Edit: At this point the designer have to refuse on principle. If they relent, they will kill the game because every single main will start spamming the forums with tortured and probably dishonest arguments.

Just wanna say, mind telling that to Blizz and their “Rez is core to her gameplay”. Because that kinda makes is seem that’s her specialty.

(I seriously want them to just retract that statement. It was dumb to make as a justification to keep Rez in when it’s not really a balancable ability to have on a static CD-No I don’t like having it at the start of a match and you can also exploit by switching back and forth in spawn [seen this as a legit “tip” for Mercy players])

I have no attachment to rez as a mechanic. Inhave no attachment to mercy as a hero. She could have been entirely replaced with Moira for all I care. This is not the focus of the thread. Game and hero design is the focus.

That’s not really an argument either, and yes it is coming back.

1 Like