#ReworkMercy Idea that needs a balanced imput

Mercy is in hard spot, half of the community wants her to be like her old self and the other half don’t. When this is the case, it is best to try something new. My idea of fixing this is basically forcing mercy into combat to put an edge on being a support, but also still have some recovery and keep a couple reasons to hide. My intentions are not to have her hide and run back in, but instead to grant players a strategic mindset.

Mercy: (combat includes supporting allies that are already in combat, ie. widowmaker who hasn’t killed her target, but you were damage boosting her. Widowmaker then gains a 10% bonus damage boost and 25 hps (heals per second) while you are damage boosting her. This lasts for 4 seconds until you or your ally you are supporting enters combat. All limits of combat include: taking/receiving damage, contesting objective, and supporting someone who enters combat with you. Healing someone while they are being damaged or damaging does not count as entering combat.)

Mercy’s passive health regen will be bumped up from 1 to 2 to clearly state she is out of combat, but to also not put it on a long cool down.

Other passive abilities are remained untouched

Staff: primary - 60 hps (50 when out of combat) + 10% bonus damage (only in combat)

secondary - 40% (30% when out of combat) bonus damage + 25 hps (only in combat)

Range reduced to 10 meters

Pistol: primary - 20 damage

20 ammo

Automatically reloads 2 seconds out of combat

Resurrect: Has 2 charges

Charge has 30 seconds, 60 for 2

Cooldown time is increased by 15 seconds if out of combat

Cast time is reduced to 1 second

Range reduced to 3.5 meters

Ultimate: Salvation - To be scrapped and changed… Ideas are still welcomed

Hopefully my idea is liked, and not broken. I’d like to thank Aria Rose for the inspiration and for starting the #reworkmercy movement. If there are any concerns about this, I am more than willing to check it out and change it so it is not disliked or is fair to both sides. The name for this ultimate is a reference to mercy’s development. I will also look on this every day, so don’t be afraid to post whatever is on your mind. Finally, thank you for reading and have a nice day

No.
17 characters required

2 Likes

no u
16 characters required

with apologies, I dislike this change, and would prefer that it not be implemented

may i please know why?

Because I like her in her current state, as she is now

2 Likes

Then why, may I ask, do you decide to enter a forum to change her?

because I like her as she is

well, i’m sorry, but there are a lot of people who don’t like her at this current state, me included.

our experience differs

there are also many people who have stated that they like her as she is

1 Like

I know, I saw aria’s video about a survey’s result about mercy’s current state, do you want a link?

thanks for the offer, but no

I have found nothing of value ever comes from certain sources

Thats not a good mindset at all…

I find it to be correct in my experience - some sources of information are good, and others, not so much

if that’s how you live life, I’m not your parent :bowing_man:

Personally, I would expect a good parent to be willing and able to help guide their children away from bad inputs and towards good ones

You realize how biased that kind of study is right? A survey from her followers (who share her opinions, which is why they follow her) and people who either feel passionately or dispassionately enough to participate in a survey about Mercy. It leaves out the real sample group, the average player, who doesn’t have a passionate opinion on Mercy, but has an opinion nevertheless.

That’s likely why @Megadodo doesn’t want to see the survey results. I’ve seen it, and even if it showed that most mercy mains don’t want a change, all that would indicate to me is that an overwhelming number of anti-mercy people voted in this survey to skew the results. If I saw an overwhelming amount of mercy mains do want a change, it leads me to the likely conclusion that the people who chose to participate in the survey are people who have a passionate view on mercy – mercy mains. A true sample would have have to be taken by Blizzard, but even then it would still be somewhat compromised by sampling bias (what I’ve described above, only people with very strong views participating when the real sample is the people who have opinions but don’t care enough to participate).

1 Like

:slight_smile:

And that’s where your assumption is incorrect. She doesn’t host the survey, she only retrieves information from it.

Resurrect outside of an ultimate will never be balanced. As well, the mechanics you are suggesting are a bit hard to understand written down. Maybe it would look better in action but for now they’re rather confusing and seem a bit too powerful.

As well the time it takes for her to begin regenerating health is a bit too long and would likely put her in a worse spot overall. Though I suppose with the other intricacies of this kit you’re suggesting it could possibly balance out.

Overall I think a simpler rework would suffice. Specifically one that made it so Rez on cooldown wasn’t a thing in any way. I mean, Rez on E is after all the reason they had to gut her in the first place.