Rework Sigma, Buff Shields

So what you’re saying is that it was Sigma or nothing

She was meta with d.va and roadhog with absolutely busted stats (12% pickrate 60% winrate and still climbing at the time). She was going to get nerfed hard either way. It was just a small period so everyone forgot about it, it seems…

1 Like

Well no. I mean sigma caused all this.

They should’ve released a tank that didn’t involve a shield.

Shield tanks should’ve ended with orisa to be honest.

She was hard meta. GOATS was consistently being beaten by bunker.

Eh?

Must’ve been when I stopped playing the game then Ig.

But I still doubt a global shield nerf would’ve happened from it.

Especially since 2-2-2 was going to be introduced.

Well, all I can say is that this was the inevitable

If you guys want the number of tanks and supports to catch up to the damage characters at any point, you will have to accept some overlap and the balance changes that come along with it.

You didn’t really expect to have like 12 tanks and have Rein and Orisa be the only reliable shield tanks, did you?

Tbh Isgmas problem isnt his shield. Its his matrix and rock.

The problem is/was not Sigma. The problem is/was not shields either. The problem is tanks are not actual tanks, as in the meaning of the word. In my humble opinion devs should remove damage from tanks, and increase their “tanking” abilities (devs imagination is the limit).

Sigma’s shield is kinda of the problem since everything started with the double shield meta and it’s pretty clear the devs don’t want to do anything that can revive it ( it’s understandable but it’s sad what they are doing to the tank role ).
As long as Sigma have a barrier there will be a chance that DS will come back, it’s all about synergy with Tanks and Sigma can do it with Rein and Orisa.
Before Sigma, the Synergy was always been with a pair of main tank and off tank : Rein and Zarya, Orisa and Hog , Winston and D.va.
Rein, Orisa and Winston don’t synergy with each other due to their design wish never lead to a meta with double shield and even when such a thing happened in some rare games, it was not opressive or even something impossible to deal with.

I think the solution for sigma is to the devs rework him to be a actual off tank who will synergy with one of the main tanks ( or even with all of them, I personally think there’s not a problem as long the pair is a main and off tank ) and to remove his shield. If they still insist in his shield, at least make it an actual ability with CD :

• The shield will still works the same way
  • No longer have CD after retrieving the shield
  • Keep Shield HP at 700 or lower
  • Shield HP no longer can be restored
  • After the shield get destroyed it will be in a cooldown of 10s or little more
  • Maybe decrease Shield size?

I think that could work if sigma was designed as a off tank but I still think the best thing to do is just to remove his shield.
Also I think there’s space for new main tanks with shields in the game, the only thing devs needs to do is to make sure that the new main tank don’t synergy with another main tank, that was the mistake they did with Sigma.

The other two shields stack too well, too.

We need a cap on main shield picks.

Orisa and Rein do not stack well at all.

Except in the middle of double barrier meta, they were being stacked together, because they do stack well in the same way as Sigma does with Orisa.

There were 2 variations of double shield.

The 2019 one of orisa sigma, and then the 2020 version with sigma rein.

People TRIED to do rein orisa before and it never really worked out because rein and orisa are the complete opposite of each other.

• Orisa has a shield that doesn’t move, but she can shoot.
  • Rein has a shield that can move, but he cannot shoot.

Sigma went with either because he can shoot while his shield is up, but he can also freely move his shield at will.

While I agree that Rein Orisa is not a great combo, people were certainly trying to make it work early 2020

Keyword “trying”.

It did not go well.

People quickly realized that they are too much of each other opposites to ever actually work properly.

Eh, I saw it enough that I have to assume there was at least some success

I was always on the doubt train though, and it did die out once again

This was never a thing similar to rein orisa.

that is a good thing…

ALL heroes should be able to shine.

:laughing: this would of happened regardless. Ppl refuse to let a good sym be a thing. Good sym melts stuff. (if u recall she was nerfed for doing well in the only meta that literally was her exclusive niche)

they could literally fix this from ever happening by limiting it to 1 barrier tank if its a problem.

assumptions arent ever good w/o proof.

some heroes were adjusted (buffs and nerfs) with no regard to sigmas existence.

you have no idea how that would of effected all of the tanks.

turn him into a kind of long range hog?
buff his dmg and make his shield a short duration cd so its nto always up?

???

That was what ran the meta back in like mid 2020.

I learned that limiting an already short staffed role, isn’t the best idea.

It’s all been a domino effect.

• Sigma gets added.
  • Rein and Orisa’s shields get nerfed.
  • Double shield happens again with rein sigma.
  • Hog gets buffed as a result.
  • Hog then gets nerfed to a worst state than before.
  • Ball gets nerfed because he has to be in line with all the other nerfed tanks as a result.

It never became meta like sigma orisa.

Rein sigma was about as good as rein orisa ever was.