Rework Sigma, Buff Shields

As it stands now. Shields won’t ever be buffed because of sigma. Hell, even now sigma is still ruining the game damn near 2 years later.

Let’s see just what Sigma’s release caused shall we?

1. Double shield would’ve never happened.
  2. Orisa would still be a usable and viable character.
  3. Shields would’ve never gotten nerfed.
  4. Off tank meta would’ve never happened.
  5. Heroes like doomfist or sym would’ve never gotten nerfed.
  6. The state of overwatch right now would’ve been 10x better than what it is.
  7. Tanks would be in a healthy state.

Rework him, remove his shield.

• Buff orisa shield back to 900 HP. (with other minor touch ups)
  • Buff rein shield to 1800 HP. (with other minor touch ups)

Make the main tanks back into ACTUAL main tanks.

14 Likes

They could already do this right now even with sigma still in his current state.
400hp base health, 25% fortify, 900 hp barrier.

Not really needed just nerf some of the dominant dps.

Never happening from what the devs have said.

They could however power shift him.

Whether we like it or not. No matter how much you powershift her kit, buffing the shield at all will cause a double shield meta all over again.

Especially if you make it to where her fortify is weaker and HP is low. At that point without her shield she’s just a sitting duck.

Why do that?

Why end up just making every character weak, because of one hero in this game?

Why not just revert things to how it was when the game was 10x healthier than what it is right now, when sigma wasn’t in the game.

Shields allow the tanks to not be weak and squishy targets. This literally all started after shields got nerfed in the first place. NOT because DPS got buffed.

1 Like

The problem with double shield was that once you got past those barriers you had to deal with their off tank abilities after you got past their barriers. I.e golden orisa. A huge mistake they made ages ago was when they nerfed shields but buffed the off tank capabilities, that made them rely even MORE on each other, and they worked even better with each other.

I’ve been against nerfing things too, but it’s really needed rn,. Damage is too high, so tanks get deleted. That has nothing to do with sigma. The thing is you’re blaming EVERYTHING on him.

1 Like

Are you on the dev team? It seems like you think you have knowledge the rest of us don’t.

Every complaint I ever heard about double shield was that shields were never broken in the first place. It was just a constant spam of shields and it was like a 90% uptime of just shields the whole game.

Except for the fact of… have DPS, actual DPS numbers been buffed at all since double shield?

It seems more to the fact of… there’s no shields in the game or they’re so weak that ofc tanks die fast, they have nothing to protect them.

It’s less about DPS, more about tanks imo.

I’m just a guy making balance suggestions on a forum site.

Nah, that wasn’t the problem, otherwise you would of seen metas like rein/orisa winston/orisa rein/winston, etc. who have all been tried before but didn’t work.

I would agree with that to an extent.
There are some numbers that need tweaking and some reverts that need to happen. I.e revert fth buff, revert storm arrow buff, etc.

I agree on buffing ’s shield, but I think rein’s shield is pretty close to where it should be.

I agree on everything else. Sigma set fire to the tank role. He is the brig of tanks.

1 Like

I’m more referencing what you claim adding Sigma to the game did.

I mean… it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure out what sigma did to the game.

It’s literally well known things I’m pointing out that were caused because of sigma.

Well, you can continue thinking your opinion is fact I guess.

Have a good one

Please look at that list and tell me with a straight face what sigma DIDN’T cause…

I will try to give the best possible explanation as to why it is sigma’s fault.

Or just put something to penalize double shield. Like if allied bullets pass through two allied shields, then the bullets get 40% dmg reduction

For f**ks sake, just set an upward max on how many barriers one team’s tanks can have, and set distributions for each tank combination with a max limit when single barrier tanking. For all this BS about how smart and wise the chucklebunnies running the balance team are, the fact that they can’t figure out this basic solution is absolutely pathetic. Keep ruining main tanks, maybe by 2021 Q4 we can just merge all the servers into 1 based in East US (Yes you guys finally get a server!) with the dismal remaining player count.

Wasn’t orisa pretty bad before sigma release?

I can’t really argue against the idea of this.

Double shield would have never happened, eh? So Sigma was the only character concept that could have possibly run us into this issue?

Not really. You could run her and do fine but it’s not like she was meta or anything.

She was definitely 10x more usable then what she is now.

Ummm… yes? Because his character involves a shield?

The whole reason it started because they added a hero with a shield as flexible as his.

This game really only has room for orisa’s and rein’s shield. And they don’t cause a problem because they are basically the exact opposites of each other in terms of shield tanking.

One has movement, but can’t shoot.
One has no movement, but can shoot.

Direct opposites, which is why double shield never worked with those two before sigma’s conception.

Sigma worked with BOTH rein and orisa for double shield.

Sigma and ball just broke tanks

Eh. I wouldn’t say ball.

Ball is really only relevant cause all other tanks got butchered or left behind.

Ball enables sigma though. Also ball just compeltely murdered Winston. If you can.play ball well I see no reason of picming winston.