Reverts and nerfs are needed

No, this is not a #RevertMercy thread

This is a reaction to the dev response to my thread about reverting hero balance back to pregoats.

First of all, I would like to know why Sigma is the only hero who was put into competitive right after his release. Every single post-launch hero wasn’t available in competitive for a few weeks after their release.

As far as “collecting data/feedback to make informed decisions” goes, I don’t believe you. I seriously don’t think it was the community’s idea to ignore the healing creep and create a new damage creep.

While we’re at the “2/2/2 intended changes that weren’t directed at goats,” what was the reason to increase raw damage outputs of certain heroes other than to make DPS more viable in goats? How does creating a damage power creep help in 2/2/2?

If I remember correctly, the DPS category was somewhat balanced, other than how relevant snipers were at the time, but that’s because Widowmaker had her survivability buffed with her cooldown on hook decreased (Another change I absolutely don’t see the need for) and Hanzo was reworked with 0 thought put into the rework (Just like the Mercy rework and the whole concept of Brigitte at release.)

Let’s not forget, the amounts of AoE healing is what enabled goats to happen. Especially after the one hero that enabled double sniper to happen was nerfed into the ground while almost every single hero in their category was buffed. Yes, I’m talking about Mercy. (No, this is not a buff Mercy thread, either. And yes, Hanzo nerfs also contributed to the fall of double sniper.)

You say it’s not your job to control the meta. If that’s the case, why did you release Brigitte, presumably an anti-dive hero, when Dive was at its peak? Was it just an unfortunate coincidence, or was that your attempt at controlling the meta? I’m leaning more to the second option.

There was also a comment that you didn’t want to completely eliminate goats, but to weaken it. If that’s the reason, why did you introduce 2/2/2? Another question that will stay unanswered I guess. (No, 2/2/2 is an amazing feature, it’s just the way we’re poorly informed/lied to I don’t like.)

Heroes like Genji and Tracer aren’t really viable, they’re some of the most mechanically requiring heroes in the game, mind you. When has the game shifted more towards cooldown usage/management rather than mechanical skills/“mind plays?”

If you’re planning on buffing, forget it.

We need nerfs all across the board, start with damage dealers, mainly the ones that “were buffed for 2/2/2,” because that definitely wasn’t the case, judging by the poor justification comments for each buff. Or if you want to tell me that McCree’s FTH buff wasn’t intended to make him a tank buster and later reverting that because Armor got nerfed because of Goats, McCree’s deadeye buff to lock on heroes with high health pools faster or Junkrat’s pure damage buff weren’t attempts at making DPS more viable in Goats then sure, live in your fantasy, gurl.

Then you can look into the support category, which still needs some work, especially Lúcio, Ana, Brigitte and Moira, and then take a look at Sigma and Orisa.

The only hero that is in an immense need of a buff right now is Sombra, because she’s utter trash and nobody cares.

That’s all, thank you for reading.

6 Likes

Preach^

1 Like

Thanks

Also this post:

I would also read Titanium’s thread on Mercy to see the hypocrisy surrounding her rework.

1 Like

I’ve read that many times. It’s sad that so much effort Titanium puts into their posts gets ignored.

Anyway, there’s a big PTR patch rumored to come out sometimes this or the next week, so I’m interested as to what they’ll do.

I think by the “we don’t control the meta.” is that the meta is decided by the players and not the devs. As “we have no control over what kind of meta/composition that is going to be happening. It’s all done by players.” They try to minimize the effect done by each meta, so it won’t last forever. Just like in dive; most support could not escape threat/escape when they were dived. Goats pretty much disabled a whole role… etc. Not too sure though.

They literally said before Brig was announced that “Hero 27 would be meta-defining”.

1 Like

Dive lasted for a year, “fixed” by adding a hero that countered Dive by simply existing. A case of developers controlling the meta.

Goats lasted for more than a year, definitely fixed by introducing 2/2/2. A case of developers controlling the meta.

As I said, they probably meant controlling what meta, what heros, what compositions that were going to “be the next must pick.” Is what they don’t control. They just change it when it becomes too bearable. Aka, they control the ending but not the start…?