Revert the discord nerf

The devs stated they thought he was fine before the discord nerf this year. The nerf was very blatantly because of GOATS, but that’s not a problem anymore. Besides, Zen is struggling a bit right now as well, so I think it’d be nice to have 30% discord back.

Just revert all changes, nerfs or buffs that were made to weaken/counter goats

4 Likes

Oh man.

That’d almost be a different game lol

Yeah, although would brig have a 600, 500 or 200 hp barrier? Shes had so many unnecessary nerfs I’ve lost count of them all

The devs also stated this when they nerfed Mercy for the first time after her rework (where she had charges of Resurrect but it was still instant outside of valkyrie) and many times after they nerfed her. Now is really the only time Mercy is fine, so just because the developers think someone is fine before nerfs doesnt mean that its true.

He was also one of the people who was happy for the Mercy rework because it meant no more mass rez and went on stream as well as youtube to say he thought it was balanced and healthier for the game.

So yeah, his opinion doesnt mean much if someone can honestly believe that.

Yes, because they probably didn’t expect her to become a must-pick (I don’t see how they didn’t tho). The thing is, Zen was fine but got dragged into the whole GOATS meta and nerfed him just because of that. GOATS is gone now, so Zen should be the way he was before because it won’t be a problem with GOATS.

I don’t care what a streamer says. But I do think if a hero was nerfed for goats, they need a revert.

Cept brig. She can be nerfed again. Whatever it takes to keep her out of my game

Dated May 18th of last year ~2 months before her hps nerf was announced and ~3-4 months after her last balance change was pushed live, should her hps also be reverted?

1 Like

I don’t find a hero that has been a meta pick since he was given 200hp very early on in the game’s lifespan and being nearly irreplaceable to be fine.

They stated in their role queue update that they do not make changes in an attempt to force a meta shift or to change it.

And they should let Mercy have a lower cooldown on rez cuz baptiste has a better version of it that is instant, benefits himself, and the drone that creates the field has as much hp as mercy but does not have a critical hitbox.

So it shouldnt be a problem right?

Wrong. Just because something used to be some way and was fine doesnt mean it should be fine now. He’s still very popular and has a healthy pickrate and winrate.

While you are at it, revert Zen’s buff to 200hp from 150.

All the changes made during Goats were good for the game. I think they should be kept as is. Discord is still very powerful, as is Lucio.