Revert Mercy (20 characters)

Would you be okay if I said, “Stay on point, I’ve got Rez, just in case”?

1 Like

I think the non-Mercy community misunderstood the message “die on point” often repeated by Mercy players in voice comms.

We didn’t actually want you to die. Rather, the full message we were trying to communicate was this: “If you are going to die, stay on the objective so that you all die in the same place and I can resurrect you.” It’s just difficult to say that whole thing over voice comms fast enough and without monopolizing the comms channel.

There was only one case where a Mercy ever legitimately wanted you to die, and that’s the case where there are already 4 allies down, you’re the last one standing while their corpse timer ticks away, and you are playing Reinhardt holding up your shield to protect your 1 remaining hitpoint. In that case, yes, Mercy wanted you to die. Drop your damned shield so I can make everyone full health again!

A tweak to mass Resurrect to introduce an AOE heal effect would have solved that problem, making it better to just go ahead and press Q to res everyone and heal up the stubborn Reinhardt instead of waiting for the death.

2 Likes

I’m factually incorrect when you have no evidence to present? Okey

Insinuating that it would make her ultimate bad when you said this:

Exactly so what exactly is the problem with a cast time with multi ress? You have more option’s for where to take cover etc etc when you want to res.

People would’ve played her for Resurrect but those people would’ve been a small majority and the attitudes amongst players prove that. As you’ve said previously, Resurrect is extremely powerful. With this in mind, why didn’t the pros use her often? In pro plays I only ever see a Mercy get picked to pocket a Pharah.

I’m literally describing Mercy after her rework… Would’ve thought the flying gave it away… Did I twist your words or did you just fail to understand what I said?

Personal experience doesn’t make it fact…

Personal experiences that can’t be taken seriously. Unless you can back up your experience with statistics don’t bother posting it, claiming that it was happening on a wide scale.

I said that Mercy becomes the most powerful healer after her rework and that before Ana was better. You replied with, “Ana still kinda is”. Are you sure you even understand what you wrote because then this whole discussion is pointless…

But her speed and ridiculous 3D mobility will…

Not the point… You argued that mass Resurrect was too strong and got replaced because of that but then I argued that the replacement was way stronger than mass Resurrect.

Weird you say this when you are concerned about giving mass Resurrect a cast time… Also, It was soooo good when most of the pros only ever used Mercy to pocket a pharah.

You can do this with mass Resurrect lmfao.

LOLOLOLOLOL. Killing a Mercy after she resses is apparently harder than killing her when she’s flying? Are you kidding me…

Hate mongrels bring up facts as well. Then again I don’t really care if you are or not. I’m a good to the point type of guy so obviously I’m just going to say something when i feel like it. Nothing personal and again, don’t care.

Outplayed by what? An ultimate that is one of the most least impacting ultimates in the game?

Last time I saw this video in post that was blocked by the Blizzard.

this is the censored version so its fine.

You’re making a lot of assumptions. We don’t know for sure the metrics used to determine performance based SR. You don’t know for sure that the 45% win rate GM Mercy’s did a hide and seek style play or any other style - That data doesn’t exist.

I can’t come out and say that your assumptions are incorrect because the data simply doesn’t exist in either way - We can’t tell what was working more, for all we know those 45% winrate Mercy’s could have a high rez count and low winrate because they did the exact opposite of hiding and instead regularly panic rez, getting more ultimates across a game instead of ultimates of actual value to win fights. (I’m not saying that’s what happened i’m just saying that the data doesn’t refute this idea any more than your idea)

Even if it turned out that the low winrate Mercy players in GM did always go hide and seek - It doesn’t mean that high winrate Mercy players in GM did not at any point hide to resurrect.

Hmm a video from Aria Rose.

Lets hope this doesn’t get locked by disgruntled forum moderators + blizzard employees

1 Like

Well no but the demonization of mercy hiding is absurd because plenty of other characters hide temporarily to get the best value of their ults and they don’t get screeched at for it.

I think the reason it was demonised so much is how little interaction happened after the fact, say a reaper hides to pop out the back and ultimate.
Reaper dives in and then there are plenty of factors at play for the team being jumped on, your Rein could quickly shield allies, d.va can quickly DM him, cree could flashbang him, Ana sleep him, etc, etc. Sure sometimes you just die but its rare that you go ‘oh, no one could have stopped that’.

Mercy being forgotten about really didn’t have that level of engagement for her opponents, she instantly performed at maximum value providing her team played close together. If you managed to catch her before or mid-jumping in to resurrect, you didn’t counter the ultimate, you just delayed it for the next fight.

This just meant that if the enemy had a Mercy, above all else, you had to know where she was and kill her. If you successfully completed this mini-game then you HAD to do it every fight ad infinitum.

Or you could’ve held onto one of the ults that love how enemies end up clumped together after rez. I’ve had plenty of my five man rezs (and I had like 10 of them) completely nullified because someone held onto an ult.

3 Likes

“Hide n Res” was a garbage strategy that one, was spread around and encouraged by trash players on YouTube and two, was predominantly used to abuse a broken SR system.

Sorry but if you lose against a hiding Mercy you’re just bad…

Yea I always hated when the smart d.vas held onto their ults :frowning: its a roller coaster of emotions.

it was fun though.

1 Like

Or you’d rez then hear high noon. I just put my head in my hands. All I did was waste time and sometimes that’d lose the point =/

1 Like

or both

its HIGH-

NERF THIS.

Boom.

made for some interesting potg though.

1 Like

The sad thing is Hamtaro’s ult is another perfect counter to mass rez too. Such a waste.

1 Like

yea :frowning: lots of wasted potential.

hoping torbjorns rework isn’t a total train wreck like the last few :frowning:

1 Like

Torbjorn: Now has the ability to Resurrect players.

Developer Comments: We believe that Mercy shouldn’t be able to Resurrect and are now giving that ability to Torbjorn as he is requires more skill. High skill, high reward. Duh?

2 Likes

I keep thinking about this in every game I play. Hammond would have been a nightmare for Mercy 1.0. Even just a good Sombra was annoying. McCree or Dva or even Soldier holding on to their ults was a moment of, “well… Balls.” Hammond would be far worse to play against just knowing that ANY time you rezzed he could just obliterate it - and you, since you’d likely be right in the middle of it.

It would have been amazingly fun/challenging to play Mercy 1.0 against Hammond.

2 Likes