Revert mass rez

LOS + the beta cast time, replace invulnerability with a slight damage reduction, and maybe possibly give living allies in the range a small 50-100 hp burst heal

Put Valk as one of her abilities so now she has more options to move around and try to survive to rez her team without the need of hiding

Nope. Multiple resurrects happening in this game disrupts the flow and naturally creates an atmosphere where Mercy’s life is way more valuable than anyone else’s by a margin that this game doesn’t want. The value of revivals is inherently different from that of kills, and several of them happening at once can never be healthy for this game.

Even with a cast time or any other type of restriction, the potential to disrupt the flow is still there, except now with added wonkiness that makes using it extremely uncomfortable for Mercy and her team. Resurrect was never an overpowered ultimate, it was just horribly unhealthy for what it created, and adding limitations to it would just leave Mercy with an ultimate that wouldn’t feel conventional to use while retaining all of its previous problems, if not enforcing them.

3 Likes

This has been asked before and the general consensus was mercy mains liked it but everyone else didn’t.

Also reset the timer.

1 Like

This has been suggested million times and the answer is NO.

1 Like

How… innovative. xD I’m sorry but reading your thread, it sounded like you just came over this carzy new idea of reverting Mercy to mass rezz.
Getting to the point -> yeah, it’s the only way to transform Mercy into a hero again.

People like to say Mass-Ress was OP even though Mercy was never a must-pick or A-Tier before her rework…something just doesn’t add up…:thinking:

2 Likes

It’d be alright as long as she is given some sort of new E ability elsewhere since she was F and D tier for most of her existence when she had mass Res. Titanium’s suggestion is pretty good :100: :+1::

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
2 Likes

Nope. I’ll agree that Mercy could use a little help at the moment but I want it out for good.

No offense to any Revertcy’s here, but it feels like you keep trying to call an ex that’s not coming back despite how much you want them to.

3 Likes

mercy would be underpowered and they would complain for her to be buffed

I’ll point you towards titanium’s megathread.

Mass res needs to stay mass dead, period…

2 Likes

Don’t be ignorant just because you personally didnt like it. Mass res was a troll pick until the invunerability patch.

If we can go 30 minutes w/o one of these posts that would be insane

1 Like

Dude everyone hates Rez outside of the rez user. Can it entirely and give her some better stuff in the rest of her kit. Mass rez is awful and the only reason anyone wants it is because it was in the game before. That’s the ONLY justification for wanting it back; otherwise it’s a terrible idea balance wise.

No. We do not need it back, as a tank/support player I never liked it either: this is not DPS whining. It was just not a fun or balanced function.

Comments like this for example. The only way to turn her back into a hero? Really? They released a hamster ball with guns and the game is better for it. There are a million things they could add to Mercy to make her better, they do not need to add back an ability that everyone hates.

This is objectively false.

Dude it’s a hyperbole. Please do not split hairs about it.

As if that’s any better. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Underrated comment. Mass red=mass dead. Tbh I would take it out of the game all together if I could but ik most mercy mains prob would get mad, no offense.