Resurrect needs to go

Ah you should probably add that to your OP because the post makes it seem like you want to nerf her.

1 Like

I’d argue that many abilities readily impact outcome far more than rez.

That’s largely due to rez being quite difficult to get off in many situations.

Yes, it’s a powerful ability. That’s why it makes her basically stand still and glow. That’s why it has a long CD that persists through death.

If Mercy gets off a rez it’s because:

1. She was covered by her teammates. Good teamwork should be rewarded.

2. The enemy team did not properly punish her and she got away with being vulnerable.

3. The rez occured far from regular combat or outside of combat.

3 Likes

Just my opinion, but for me, the fact that Mercy can rez makes eliminating her that much more meaningful and impactful.

Plus, she’s quite squishy, and super easy to kill when not ulting. It’s just a matter of focusing her down before you worry about anything else. Because a dead mercy is a win/win for your team.

I remember the good time when you couldn’t just spam your ult because of Mass Rez, making all more interesting.

1 Like

I agree that it’s difficult to get off and that it takes a certain amount of skill or teamwork to do it properly. I’m not saying it’s too easy to do or anything. My problem is that, even if she can’t reliably rez in most situations, the fact that it’s even a possibility makes it feel like Mercy has to be part of the team regardless of what everybody else is running.

She could be given some other powerful ability that helps her keep her team alive and still be very strong. She’d be very strong even with no extra ability.

That sounds like something so powerful that should have been kept a an ultimate. Rez is too powerful as an ability. Should have been an ult Oh wait glares at the devs

Right. She is at all times the most valuable kill your team can get because of the possibility of rez. That’s my point exactly. I don’t have any other issues with her as a hero. I love how she feels and I’ve put a ton of time into her since beta, so I understand how to fight her.

I think she’s nearly a must pick in coordinated play bevausenof res. But normal comp, I think her pick rate is so high because of other factors, (mostly her skill required to heal Vs other healers, barrier work around, GA to escape, flight, etc.) not res.

1 Like

The thing is resurrect is literally a part of her character, it’s not like scatter or sheild generator were their just abilities that you could remove and your not removing a key component of the chaarcter. Literally in almost all of Mercy’s material has res attached to it.

• Highlight into
  • Sprays/Artwork
  • other material such as statues

All of these has her with res in some way or another. For Blizzard, or anyone to say its not an iconic part of her kit is crazy. In my honest opinion it should go back to either being an ult or should be chargeable in someway or another like Torb armor packs. Having it on a static cooldown isn’t working for her and hasn’t worked for her since the reworked launched.

5 Likes

OP, your issue here is that you are trying to explain this to low-mid ranked players from the perspective of a GM player.

Resurrect is the 99% of the issue for us, but you’re explaining that to people who probably get WAY less shielding and healing than we do when we res. Mercy is the top hero for them (as she has been since day 1) because she has the best healing in such environments.

For the people who actually play where meta is relevant, you’re right, it’ll never be balanced until resurrect is less prominent than it is now.

1 Like

i honestly think the cool down should be increased form 30 seconds to 1 min.

Her healing stream could also use a small nerf as well.

You’re probably right about that. I don’t think it’s as much of an issue around the middle SR ranks. I’m mostly speaking from the perspective of higher-ranked play. Also, I watch a lot of pro play (definitely coordinated) and it’s frustrating to watch it happen there, too.

You know, resurrect is removed from the game when you kill Mercy.

#focushealersfirst

You’re right. I didn’t think about that until after reading some of the comments. I know it’s not a big issue for most of the player base, but I’ve always advocated balancing at the highest levels. I might be wasting my time arguing it here, but I don’t know where else to discuss it.

As a dps main, I would not want to see resurrect leave. I only have been playing since December, but Mercy has clearly had her fair share of nerfs. If resurrect was gone, all she would have going for her would be her caduceus, because all her abilities would just be about mobility. Lucio has speed boost, area healing, the ability to increase his healing/speed boost, sound barrier, and area denial. Zen has discord and transcendence. Brigitte, is, well, Brigitte. Ana has ranged healing, sleep dart, bio-grenade, and nano-boost. Moira has fade, coalescence, area healing, as well as damage capability.
Let’s go over what Mercy would have if resurrect was removed: fly to teammate, single target focused healing, damage boost, and Mercy, except flying. As Reaper, I have killed enemies being healed by Mercy, because I was able to deal more damage faster then she could heal it in time.

I’m not advocating for a nerf. If you don’t consider her ultimate, her kit without resurrect would be the same right now as it’s always been. There are heroes who can outdamage her healing. As far as your example, Reaper can outdamage any support’s heals if he’s able to free fire at close range.

I think her base abilities are very strong already. Rez could be replaced with something else that encourages keeping your team alive rather than reversing mistakes. I think that’d be best.

I think I can agree with that. I just don’t want her to be straight up nerfed another time.

91% pr in Owl
“Balanced”

She’s a definite necessity there because of her ability to reverse sniper kills. She never got used before rez was put on CD.

[Forum Moderation: As a reminder, all current Mercy feedback belongs here.]