šŸ™ Response to the Dev Update

haha yea! Canā€™t wait to read the DPS complaining about queue times after this is implemented and tanks get EVEN LESS choice of what to play!

KEKW!

1 Like

We really need Mauga.

Btw, @thread, Iā€™d :blue_heart: some of yaā€™lls posts cough ToxicZarya cough but I ran out again.

TouchĆ©. If a hero pool drastically limited players because they opted not to play, that would be an issue. Youā€™d think they might find it liberating getting to try something new, but youā€™re probably right.

Sad that I see that name and think ā€œmake Australia great againā€

I mean, I usually would, but even a flexible player like me can see that the tank roster is built on pillars and suffers heavily if one is removed.

Then there are the players who straight up arenā€™t flexible, and to that point, if my only viable option was Orisa for a week, Iā€™d opt out of that too.

Whose name?

You have torb, youā€™re fine.

Yep, weekly is already pretty dicey.

Mauga, silly.

I was bad at Orisa before her nerfs. I like the character, just donā€™t get good value and donā€™t time fortify well, so survivability suffers

I donā€™t think itā€™s in arcade. Itā€™s going to be itā€™s own card that comes out when changes occur. But what I wanna know is what would the PTR be used for now that we have Experimental Play? Would PC players use PTR and we use Experimental Play? Or is Experimental Play used specifically for buffs and nerfs, while PTR is like reworks and so forth

I think that it is counter to the spirit of Overwatch at release. The game has a new or different spirit now. They have had to make some unanticipated changes based on what was necessary at the time to make the game more fun. I personally think that hero pools are overkill with the planned frequent patching, but I wouldnā€™t go so far as to say it is counter to the current direction or ā€œspiritā€ of the game.

Ainā€™t he Hawaiian?

Oh, and keep practicing Orisa, youā€™ll figure her out.

Its kinda been defunct. People donā€™t use it. I donā€™t even try it anymore, I canā€™t find matches unless its day one of big changes.

Its still about enjoying a variety of different heroes and playstyles. Bans are the archenemy of that.

1 Like

So do you think we would see Experimental Play as a new PTR, but for all platforms?

How are bans the archenemy of a variety of different heroes and play styles? Stale metas are inevitable when you donā€™t force any form of change either through frequent balance patches or hero bans.

The spelling. Smacks octopus with fish

Oh, and as to Orisa, I won my first ever game on Rein last night :grin:

1 Like

Essentially yes, ptr, but more well supported.

They literally prevent you from picking a hero you like.

Weā€™re getting both of those things. Besides, even yugioh doesnā€™t have metas as stale as overwatch and they basically donā€™t balance their game at all. At least bans force this stubborn community to try new things

Sorry, Iā€™m not from that side of the world. My super secret octo-lair is in the San Diego bay.

Neither am I.

Muahaha!

You are conflating playing the hero(s) you like with seeing a variety of heroes. Hero bans move the meta. They actually create a greater diversity of heroes.

Look, Iā€™m not against hero bans, I think its a good idea, but the devs have to be careful because it does remove freedom, thats how it works.

Jeff actually just made a post about it, Iā€™m even more excited.

Hereā€™s a link

I imagine the experimental card would just be for stat tweaks, while the ptr will still be used for major additions and changes. New characters and mechanics are far more likely to bug out than anything they could change statwise

1 Like

If youd change the ban list daily you have so little time to practice and get anywhere good with the most present comp - it would make playing the game incredibly random (which is acceptable I guess for rank because its very chaotic anyways) but for the league: Please give the players the agency to form own strategies - hero bans no pools!!