Request: Remove Hero Stacking from Mystery Heroes

Take it to Jeff, pal; I was merely quoting.

I disagree with you and so do the devs, apparently. jeff made a statement about it. I would be fine with giving people a “slightly balanced mh” but leave the original one as it is.

1 Like

so it remains truely random?

/thread
2 Likes

If anything their statements are not solid. How many times have they would never do something in the past and did another later?

I love MH and if they do those two changes this mode may be as popular as quickplay. Stacking and multiple heroes of the same kind (dps) are not fun or entertainment at all. We have to break those wrong paradigms bro!

57% of the heroes are dps…why randomizing heroes would be any different than quickplay if there are almost 60% chance of everyone getting a dps? We need randomized roles so it can be close to 1/3 chance for every role. You may still get lots of dps but the chance is smaller.

The answer is easy : If there was no stacking, the RNG wouldnt be fully random, since certain heroes would be restricted.

They thought about taking it out, but it would also deny the possibility of random compositions that can be “fun” but … yeah also ridiculous.

I wish they made a test at least for a week on live mode or something. Worth the try.

No, no, no!

The right way to balance it would be:

randomize role -> then randomize hero inside that role

I also have the same frustration with the current MH, but is it not selfish to ask that the mode be replaced with a version that you think is better? It’s a zero-sum solution if some players benefit at the expense of the rest.

(If you think “the rest” deserve this as they’ve “had their way” the past few years, I disagree. That would be taking it out on the wrong people.)

My personal suggestion to the Overwatch team: I think the arcade should have more slots than a measly five, so they can support alternative game modes without forcing them into custom games. In this case, it would be nice if a balanced version of MH were always offered along with MH in the arcade rotation. Maybe there should be a few permanent “changes daily” slots too.

The obvious drawback is that queue times are going to be worse. But I think there is sufficient interest in having a larger pool of arcade modes available at any given time. Not to mention, if they’re going to add more game modes, I think it makes perfect sense to scale up the number of modes per rotation; otherwise each game mode will only be available less and less frequently.

Just lost HARD to two Zaryas and Mercy, along with Hog and Tracer.

Why is Blizzard so bad at game design?

Removing stacks wont change ANYTHING.
For real now, the only Mystery in this gamemode is which team gets the most supports first.

Mystery Heroes isn’t designed to be competitive. Never was, never will be. It’s not bad game design just because it isn’t designed for those with a competitive mindset. If you’re that concerned with the outcome of a match then why are you playing Mystery Heroes to begin with? You don’t play Mystery with any sort of expectation to win. You play because you find it fun to play, and if you don’t find it fun to play you don’t play it.

1 Like

Every Mystery Heroes complain thread, I know deep down that even though it isn’t mentioned it all comes down to 1 thing…
“Reeeeeee I just want to get a EZ loot boxes”

2 Likes

Knowing blizzard and that OW 2 is on the way it might change in 10 years if blizz is even alive that is. Insanely frustrating cause you kniw you have lost as soon as the enemies has gotten a certain stacks and you wish the score screen would just popp up instead of getting absolutely steamrolled for 15 min

1 Like

Hey, if you click on a board from “Suggested Topics” make sure you check out the date of the last post before posting.

It’s not really recommended to bump a board that is over like 3 months old, and this board is almost 2 years old…

1 Like