Reporting (Title must be at least 15 Characters)

That’s literally a violation of Blizzard’s own standards for reporting.

One-tricking and refusing to join voice chat are not violations of the rules and if someone were to get banned for that it would be an example of false reports.

What are you supposed to do if someone is deaf? What if they don’t speak the same language? Are these people supposed to be banned from the game?

If you let people get away with reporting for “not cooperating” then you open up all sorts of situations where you’ll be bullied around by other players who want you to play the game their way (e.g. reporting for refusing to play shield tank or refusing to play cree over 76).

1 Like

OW is team games so its completely fine to report people for not cooperating as its core of the game. He is not deaf, he chose to be completely out of team communication and decided to be opt hammond.

If someone is deaf, he can still join team voice chat, which will boost team morale just from the fact others will see everyone is ready in voice chat and able to listen. If i am not mistaken, deaf people can still speak so they can do call outs.

If deaf person decide to share information about being deaf in chat, most people will not report that person as they will see its not matter of choice for them.

One tricking not not communicating in team game where your actions will affect other 5 people is in my eyes valid reason for reporting.

You seem to not understand that you play team game. Its not only your pleassure and playing only what you want as its affecting all your team mates. And wrong hero choice can be easy reason for losing the match.

Yep i never report normally unless the person was literally ruining the game but i reported a guy the other day and got one of those messages a couple of days later.

I will 100% switch if I am being countered, I am a much better Hammond than any other tank yet I get people demanding I switch before the game has even begun. Why should I switch to a hero I don’t enjoy and I am less effective on without even knowing who I am up against?

Blizzard says otherwise.

They also literally say when you go to report someone for “gameplay sabotage” that it’s NOT gameplay sabotage to refuse to swap heroes.

Nowhere under “abusive chat” does it say that not joining voice chat qualifies.

You’re actively abusing the report system if you report people for either of these things.

Awesome. I’ll be sure to mute voice chat audio, but still connect to the channel and then type “I’m deaf” in the chat.

You’re the one violating rules by making false reports for non-reportable “offenses”.

1 Like

You should not, as you said you are switching if you are being countered. The other guy is otp. I think you can early see different why would more people report him and not you.

The problem is people HATE otp I had a game on Blizzard world where I actually picked Orisa right from the start due to the moaning, it wasn’t working at all it just wasn’t we had a genji and a tracer moira and I cant remember the others so it was pointless I switched to Hammond and all of a sudden get in chat “report Salty throwing” even though we won the game. I wonder if it was because many seasons ago I had a abusive chat ban like season 7 for a week just for arguing like we all do which is why I do not chat at all now . I wonder if you have a previous ban are you more likely to get bans for that offence? who knows all I know is its not working as intended and I am nervous every game I play will I get reported .

I get nervous about ignorant people abusing the report system when I play Hammond too. Hopefully someone at Blizz has the sense to check these reports to confirm their falsehood. I haven’t found myself on the receiving end of anything, but who knows- half of this community seems to think Blizz allows you to report someone for playing a character they added into the game.

Yes you are actualy. It might be the case, if you were banned before you dont need that much to be banned again. One of my friends was banned for abusing chat twice and now when he is toxic and swearing in chat like once, there is big chance he will be banned again, while i can be slightly toxic often and nothing.

What is your rank btw, i didnt experience any hate against hammond players in my elo.

About the report system, it might actualy work very similary as endorsement system. Lets say every report is negative endorsement where lvl 5 will be ban. If you accumulate enough reports you will be banned but you will drop only to level 4 after. And you will need a lot of time without reports to drop back to lvl 1.

I’m a similar rank to you and I see it all the time.

Thats weird if we are similar rank. I play in EU, pc, you? Maybe your and mine definition of “hammond hate is different”

PC, NA.

I’m talking about people asking others to report me for throwing because I play Hammond.

I honestly dont see this, almost never. Maybe few times at the end of match? But its not targeted just to hammond players, people are saying this bs about every hero.

I’ve seen it for other characters too, but there’s no denying that certain heroes have a reputation among the general playerbase. You’ll have a hard time finding anyone that would report you for playing Orisa, but there are plenty of people who would falsely report you for playing torb for example.

I think it’s all just a bunch of drones thinking the meta is the only way to play.

1 Like

im mid plat around 2700 - 2800 super salty ELO , I was endors 4 before the first ban for me I am not exaggerating when I say its maybe 8 out of 10 games I get hate. I blame it on the long dps wait so they are already angry before the game has even begun

1 Like

Due to personal experience, I can safely say 100% that they do not have anyone monitoring their report system. Even after-the-fact customer support staff are instructed and trained to tell you that you will not have the suspension reversed.

I then began reporting every hero pick I didn’t like.

Blizzard support has basically told me that they do not make the rules and leave it to playerbase discretion to determine appropriate behavior. What they say in the report blurb does not matter in the least. Furthermore you will NEVER be punished for making a false report.

1 Like

Report system is terrible because of all the “cry wolf” people who report for dumb stuff. How are the devs supposed to ban cheaters when all the crybabies are clogging up the pipes because their teammates wont switch heroes? They just gave up monitoring the reports because the crybabies far exceed the cheaters (for now). Way to go!

1 Like

Way to perpetuate the stereotype of the Overwatch forums being an unfriendly cesspool. Thumbs up, Champ.