"Report leaver"

… Why? I get that you’re frustrated you have a leaver but the system punishes leavers already.

We don’t need to report them too. You’ve no idea why that person left. They could have been hungry for some food mid-match. They could have a family emergency.

They don’t need a report on top of the automated punishments already in place by the system.

Thanks for stopping by my ted-talk.

10 Likes

I report them. It’s poor sportsmanship and you’re ruining the game for 9 other people. Frankly the penalties still aren’t enough.

12 Likes

Poor sportsmanship to leave a video game to potentially rush a family member to hospital!?!?

Are you for real?

I say again. You have no idea why that person left.

9 Likes

Thats just what they say. The fact is 99.999999999% of the time it’s just some salty loser doing what they do best. Quitting.

3 Likes

you’re using the most rarest events that could happen to justify leaving a overwatch game lol u know damn well people just don’t wanna play through a match that they’re losing 99.99% of the time

13 Likes

I report them if its comp just to comfort myself. I have a feeling that the report system never works. Its just there to make you feel better.

4 Likes

You and I know that’s a %.0000001 scenario that isn’t reflective of the real reason people leave games. Don’t be disingenuous about this.

9 Likes

It’s a video game. Not a full time job. I don’t imagine everyone that leaves comp games is a ragequitter.

Not everyone has completely reliable internet. Sometimes it cuts out.

That isn’t bad sportsmanship.

5 Likes

We report for everything and love seeing people actioned

3 Likes

Won’t you think of all those people whose family members are being rushed to hospital several times a day for a week

1 Like

No. Ban them too. Don’t make your problems my problem.

1 Like

Fixed that for you, only 1 team gets negative impact, the other gets a free pass.

It’s boring to play a game with leavers even if you win. Part of the fun of playing any game is the competitive aspect of it. It feels good to win when you feel you earned it. Otherwise it’s just a waste of time.

4 Likes

This question reflects poorly on you. A person who’s leaving is literally handicapping their team for however long it takes for a replacement to show up. Sometimes that replacement pops in instantly. Sometimes it takes a while, and so the weakened team just gets bullied. And that’s not even factoring in the time it takes for the person to pick the character and reach the fight.

Yes. I do. They left because they’re dissatisfied with the team. Some people even say that when they go “good luck with the match!” before leaving. They leave after the team fight because they lost. They leave because they think they’re entitled to healing, and so they hold W into enemies and then rage when they don’t get it.

Report leavers; bunch of entitled jerks. They’re the reason the leaver penalties are so harsh now. And what is it with Overwatch that attracts so many entitled players?

3 Likes

no fr, lose one team battle and they would leave immediately if everyone dies.

3 Likes

And they’re the ones impacted by the “harsh” penalities. They don’t need reports on top.

A man’s gotta eat…
:sandwich:

I would say that depends on the behavior prior to leaving no?

People report for anything… I’ve seen people on the Discord say they report multiple players every match. Worst part about this game isn’t the cancellation of promised content or lack of support from the developers but the community.

5 Likes

Well that’s stupid behavior.